Talk

Advanced search

I went to a fab camping shop today and bought ....

(21 Posts)
Kbear Sun 15-Jul-07 17:50:17

a camping fridge and a windbreak and a trailer lock and a mains adapter and two lights. I had to wrestle DH to the ground and steal his card before he went and bought a tent he wanted. STEP AWAY FROM THE TENT... WE HAVE A TENT!!! LOL

I'm a happy camper. Going on 22nd to Kessingland.

Peachy Sun 15-Jul-07 17:51:46

Sounds like us at any camping store pmsl

Mind you luce is after ANOTHER tent- you and I both pale into mediocrity before her shopping talents LOL

Kbear Sun 15-Jul-07 17:55:24

We were like silly children "ooh I like this one" "ooh come and look at this one". We have a tent that is perfectly adequate but when you see some of them ....(and so cheap too - one was £125 and it was massive, a Khyam something or other I think).

I am sitting here smiling at my new fridge (or wine cooler as I like to call it! ha ha).

Peachy Sun 15-Jul-07 17:57:57

Ah we have a massive Khyam, but ours is £199-,was it a Harvard perhaps? (ours Is an ontario, but really £199 for an 8 berth SIG Khyam is incredibly cheap)

Lucycat Sun 15-Jul-07 18:02:10

erm Peachy guess what?

Peachy Sun 15-Jul-07 18:04:18

PMSL

I knew it you spendaholic you!

Erm, how many tents is that now?

Well at least you can rehouse Stockport should the icenbergs melt suddenly pmsl

Lucycat Sun 15-Jul-07 18:09:30

tee hee - I've joined the zig brigade!

well it would have been rude not to buy it at the price they were offering it for

we did resist the carpet though.

We have 4 now - sleeping a total of 24 people thinking of doing B&B....

We had a 'carpe diem' moment and thought, well who knows what's going to happen in the future - we will sell the Colorado 8 on ebay though.

Peachy Sun 15-Jul-07 18:14:19

Ah we love our Outwell carpet.

Dh thinking of the Norfolk apparently how come I didnt get a say? I WANT a Vail!

Lucycat Sun 15-Jul-07 18:20:34

We thought about the Vail too, but didn't see the point of exchanging a perfectly good polyester tunnel tent for another one - hence the 'upgrade' lol

I can't wait for it to arrive now, I'll take lots of photos to put on my profile.

Do feel a bit treacherous to our Colorado though, she was so looking forward to going to Cornwall

I've just seen Lakey on ebay for £650, we paid a lot less than that!

Peachy Sun 15-Jul-07 18:21:35

Its £650 or so at Taunton Leisure isnt it?

Lucycat Sun 15-Jul-07 18:25:39

we paid <<<<<mutters £566>>>>.from PJ Camping

yes I know a lot!

but she's worth it

Peachy Sun 15-Jul-07 18:27:24

£669, somerset camping

have you seen this little lovely http://www.tauntonleisure.com/products/peridot-air-tent/26/here PMSl

envy?

yeah right

imagine, one pin and / or hedgehog and whoooosh

Lucycat Sun 15-Jul-07 18:30:06

lol very practical on a cliff top in Cornwall.

Peachy Sun 15-Jul-07 18:33:34

Or indeed in this weather generally

wonder why they still have them instock, any ideas?

Lucycat Sun 15-Jul-07 18:35:15

as life rafts?

you could strap one to the side of your tent a la lifeboat on a cruise ship!

Peachy Sun 15-Jul-07 18:37:13

See! the planning crisis solved- how tor ehome polpe on flood plains without worrying about insurance.

Sorted

Seriosuly though what a crap way to blow £100!

Whizzz Sun 15-Jul-07 18:40:15

We bought a fabbo 2 x 2m fleecy waterproof backed picnic rug from Costco today to use as an 'in-tent' rug / emergency bed cover

Troutpout Sun 15-Jul-07 19:11:21

oooh and i have a new windbreak
it came yesterday
it's a traditional beachy type one...but with metal bits on the tops and bottoms of the poles.
Oh and most importantly...it's all harlequin checks...v pretty
<<gazes lovingly across room at new windbreak>>

Troutpout Sun 15-Jul-07 19:12:03

at peachy's carpet

Peachy Sun 15-Jul-07 19:15:19

It is nice. Filly thinks it is hilarious, but really its just a fleecy picnuc rug that just happens to actually FIT the room exactly 9which is amusinga ctually as its ofr an Outwell nevada iirc, but Outdoor Megastore sell also for the Khyam as it fits brilliantly)

Forgot it once- wouldn't again.

Kbear Mon 16-Jul-07 09:17:58

...and the sodding trailer lock doesn't fit our trailer so I'm going to have to force myself to go back to the shop ..... shame.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now