Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ok, camping for the first time. Someone please .....

(10 Posts)
whoops Sun 08-Jul-07 03:57:57

Tell me why it's supposed to be fun when i've been woken up at 3.45 by incredibly noisy people and a couple are shagging in a nearby tent? I want to go back to sleep! (I'm on my phone posting btw)

BBBee Sun 08-Jul-07 04:03:23

phone posting - you must be desperate!

I like camping but am bad sleeper - you need a good torch and a good book and do loads of stuff they day before to knacker you out.

Glare at shaggers in the morning!

MelissaM Sun 08-Jul-07 04:19:18

I always take ear plugs (just cheap foam ones from boots/superdrug etc) - they seem to work for me.
Hope you manage to get back to sleep soon.

Tovik Sun 08-Jul-07 05:07:38

It's all part and parcel.. and why shouldn't people shag at 4 am

Bouquetsofdynomite Sun 08-Jul-07 09:51:25

Just shag louder.
The fresh air and lack of house dust mites will make you feel so good you won't care about lack of sleep.

whoops Sun 08-Jul-07 21:34:57

I don't mind people shagging but do they have to be so noisy when they are in a tent? Others woke up and complained too! (we were at a hockey tournament!)
luckily dd didn't wake up and have to listen to it.
I'm camping next weekend and will invest in earplugs to take with me

PandaG Sun 08-Jul-07 21:37:58

take an eyemask too - means you can sleep later in the morning. I was a bit sceptical when I first went camping as an adult with dependants, but have to say our first trip was so successful and I am hooked! We have already done 3 trips this year, with at least 2 more to come

whoops Sun 08-Jul-07 21:39:13

Thanks for that tip Panda! I did notice how light it was getting so early too!

dustystar Mon 09-Jul-07 12:17:41

Whoops are you going with surfer and sparkler? If so I saw the site yesterday and it is gorgeous- I am so gutted that i can't go

whoops Mon 09-Jul-07 23:07:44

Yes I am going with them! I'm really looking forward to it all my stuff is in the car ready to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now