Talk

Advanced search

If I have 3-season sleeping bags will I STILL need duvets?

(7 Posts)
fillyjonk Thu 28-Jun-07 18:44:33

We didn't in the old (prekid) days, but then we just chucked a dustbin liner over the nearest tree and got very drunk for the night, IIRC.

We are thinking of doing 2 weeks of european camping, but we HAVE to reduce our packing to an absolute minimum. 4 x decent sleeping bags would sort that, we have calculated.

What do you all reckon? We already have 2 x 3 season sleeping bags but would need 2 more for the kids.

NoodleStroodle Thu 28-Jun-07 18:45:51

Sounds fine to me. You would be better off with a silk liner rather than duvets - more thin layers are better than one big, silk liners are very small & if you are really worried baout cold take hats!

hana Thu 28-Jun-07 18:47:13

also the heat of bodies in the little pods ( if you have sleeping side pods off the main bit) really warms the air up - we brought duvets plus sleeping bags with us last weekend - weather was dire - and we didn't need them, or the girls, were warm enough with bags

fillyjonk Thu 28-Jun-07 18:48:39

oh sound

we actually only have a very small tent (dome), and we are all in the same bit. But its quite high.

we WERE cold a fortnight ago in south wales, but then the kids did keep stealing the duvet

PeachesMcLean Thu 28-Jun-07 19:05:47

Another vote for thinner layers here, especially with a 3 season bag. I take a thermal nighty (particularly attractive I know), leggings and a hat if I think I'm going to be chilly in mine. Whereabouts in Europe though? it could be really very warm at night.

fillyjonk Thu 28-Jun-07 20:01:30

dunno yet

depends how much we spend on sleeping bags

that is next part of project

Skribble Fri 29-Jun-07 00:28:01

I would say yes a duvet, big blanket, fleecy bag liner and everything else, but then I am a big woose and sleep in thermals, Oh and my bag is a 5 season too .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: