Talk

Advanced search

Awnings, are they more cumbersome than useful?

(4 Posts)
StarryStarryNight Sun 24-Jun-07 22:22:12

Ok, we bought the van (a ford transit autosleepers conversion) and it came with an Awning. Without instructions and too many metal tubes, it took us half a day to erect this concotion in the garden. I already dread taking it down. Is it useful?
We are going to spend maybe just a night, possibly 3-4 nights in each place, planning to cover 3.000 miles in 5 weeks.... Do we need an awning??

colditz Sun 24-Jun-07 22:23:54

from recal, an awning made a LOT of difference to our caravan holidays when I was a kid, and my parents got very adept at getting it up and down fast. It doubles the room you have.

PurpleFrog Mon 25-Jun-07 10:36:02

Speaking from experience - an awning is very useful for keeping your space on the campsite when you go away for the day

quadrophenia Mon 25-Jun-07 10:48:20

we have an awning and it is certainly very useful in terms of space, and as purplefrog says, saving your space!!
If you find the one you have tricky there are plenty of drive away awnings around at the moment, we have one which is like a tunnel tent, so a more modern easier to put up version

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: