Talk

Advanced search

Heading to Camping les castels site Les Alicourts- any must do’s?!

(9 Posts)
Newbiecat Sat 11-Aug-18 21:52:25

Quite excited about our caravanning trip this Summer. We’ve stayed at La Garangeoire site before so know what to expect but not at Les Alicourts. Anyone been with tips of dos and donts for kids 2,6 and 8?

Newbiecat Sun 12-Aug-18 10:42:03

Gentle bump!

millimat Sun 12-Aug-18 22:18:49

I want to go there but not been. Bumping this for you though!

Monkey2333 Tue 14-Aug-18 00:05:11

We went to Les Alicourts last year with 2yr old & 5yr old, and stayed in one of the onsite static caravans.
It's a good campsite and we really enjoyed having various swimming pools plus the lake with the sandy beach. There are various activities onsite, bike hire, family trike hire, tennis etc & a good playground. Facilities are good. You'll definitely need a car advance it's off rural roads, but only about a 10min drive to a large supermarket.
We were a bit unlucky with the weather during our week (2 hot days, the rest very average and overcast) so we did some day trips to the local villages, and Orleans which is an attractive city. We didn't go but Chateaux Chambord was well rated.
To be honest, if the weather had been better we would have just stayed on the campsite and enjoyed the pools, lake, crazy golf etc.

I'm sure your family will enjoy it. We are going further south this year!

Newbiecat Fri 17-Aug-18 20:32:00

Thanks millimat!
I’ll let you know what it’s like! Finally got some internet sorted so was delighted to pickup your reply monkey thank you! We’re currently at La Garangeoire and loving it. There’s a brilliant tree rope/zipwire really nearby that my kids (& husband) absolutely loved! Hoping les Alicourts will be just as good. Luckily for us the forecast is hot so hopefully lots of pool time. Good to know firsthand what people have experienced. Did you have any experience of the kids club monkey?

reallyneedmoresleep Sat 18-Aug-18 10:39:37

La Garangeoire is our favourite! I took my kids to Les Alicourts for a week at the start of the holidays.
Good things: state of the art wash block, lots to do on site, a varied activities program, all very clean, swimming in the lake, lovely cycle routes (although very very flat)
Bad things: the site is noisy; lots of shouting and music until well after 11.30pm. You really are in the middle of nowhere- even the supermarket is a 30 minutes drive.
We enjoyed day trips to Zoopark du Beauval (baby panda!) and visiting Chateau de la Ferte St Aubin.
Don’t think I’d go back

Newbiecat Sat 18-Aug-18 15:21:39

Thanks really- I think 😂
Yes we did a lot of research before booking and knew it was literally in the middle of nowhere but with our kids being small still we felt that wouldn’t bother us too much. Plus we’ve split our trip so only 6 nights there.
It would be hard to find somewhere quite as fab as La Garangeoire! My experience of most French campsites is that they are generally quite noisy and here is an exception. Looking forward o hiring bikes tho

reallyneedmoresleep Sat 18-Aug-18 20:15:31

Les Peneyrals in the Dordogne is the one my kids like even more than La Garangeoire. Beautiful area too

Monkey2333 Sat 18-Aug-18 23:06:14

I'm afraid I've no experience of the kids club.
There was evening entertainment but, if I remember correctly, it was all over by 11pm ish. It certainly wasn't a problem noise-wise for us - we generally sat outside our hired caravan eating cheese/drinking wine as our children were asleep, and we weren't bothered by the music. Enjoy!!
I'm going to google la Garangeoire now!! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: