Talk

Advanced search

Seasonal pitching of tourer

(7 Posts)
Tobuyornot99 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:23:07

Hello, any tips appreciated. A static caravan is way beyond our budget, not able to tow a tourer regularly, so thinking about a seasonal pitch tourer. Has anyone done this, what do I need to consider? All a bit of a pipe dream at the moment, complete novice, thoughts welcome.

User5trillion Sun 17-Jun-18 21:10:48

We fancy this (when we upgrade to a caravan😁) but choosing the right site would be tricky. Watching with interest.

Its also v expensive down these parts (big tourist area)

Tobuyornot99 Sun 17-Jun-18 21:32:33

Pitches around here seem to be advertised at between £1800 - £2200. But that's the big-ish parks with websites etc. I guess a man with a field set up may be a lot less. How awful are the prices with you?

User5trillion Sun 17-Jun-18 21:37:13

About the same. The very lovely place I really liked nr a fab surfing beach, clubhouse, pool, restaurants etc £3200😭😭😭

Still need to find the cash for a towing car and caravan, but thats my dream. Currently have a teeny, tiny campervan and ever growing kids!

Tobuyornot99 Sun 17-Jun-18 21:54:26

I was hoping to avoid the need for a towing car with the seasonal pitch, lots of them do winter storage too.
I keep telling myself a one week European holiday costs the same as a whole years pitch fees.....just need to convince dp now!

TyneTeas Sun 17-Jun-18 21:56:09

Check the waiting lists, some of them have several years wait

User5trillion Sun 17-Jun-18 22:03:18

We cant store a caravan on our drive, some stupid covenant, so this is why we thought of it. Also cuts the towing costs and means we can have a quick getaway with everything we need there. I used the only the same cost as... holidays argument to buy a campervan grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: