Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation for the impossible!

(7 Posts)
Stumbleine Tue 12-Jun-18 20:24:05

Camping in August for a couple of nights with 2 teens, 2 pre-teens, 1 reception ages and 1 toddler 😱. I Need to find a campsite in England (within 3 hours ish of Leeds absolute max).

I'm getting nowhere with my search! Decent shower/toilet facilities are a must, and fires allowed would be a bonus! Any recommendations please?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Jun-18 08:23:14

Can’t help sorry if it’s near Leeds, we always head off to Wales.

Have you tried searching on UK campsite? We’ve been to some great sites I’ve found on there smile

TyneTeas Wed 13-Jun-18 08:29:36

We've been here a few times near Haltwhistle, nice site, great facilities (there is even a bath!) and loads to do in the area

herdinghillfarm.co.uk

Ricekrispie22 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:16:24

Woodhouse Farm www.woodhousewinksley.com/facilities
Middlewood Farm www.middlewoodfarm.com. This one is right by a good beach
This is a larger, less personal park but will probably appeal to the teens as it has a swimming pool and games room www.callowtop.co.uk/facilities/

Stumbleine Wed 13-Jun-18 22:49:19

Thank you for the suggestions, I shall have a look at those.

somewhereovertherain Fri 15-Jun-18 06:13:26

Holme open farm at Sedbergh

ScrubTheDecks Fri 15-Jun-18 07:40:06

Is there nowhere on PitchUp , Cool Camping or UKCampsite, which all have a campfire filter?

The pools / playground / entertainment sites tend not to be the ‘campfire’ sites, which rely on woods, space and a rope swing for fun.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: