Talk

Advanced search

Kelli Kettle

(16 Posts)
Ellapaella Sun 10-Jun-18 13:54:12

Hi - does anyone have one of these? If so would you recommended it and what kind of things do you cook on it and use it for? Thanks

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 12-Jun-18 08:14:53

Have you got a link OP?

Neolara Tue 12-Jun-18 08:16:57

My DH is deeply envious of his friends kelly kettle.

stargirl1701 Tue 12-Jun-18 08:17:51

Yes, we have a Kelly Kettle. We use it for a cuppa when camping. The original kettle only boils water.

expatinscotland Tue 12-Jun-18 08:19:09

I want one so badly.

TattyFrench Tue 12-Jun-18 08:25:08

I've got one and I absolutely love it. Sadly it's developed a whole now, so water leaks out. I used to take it to the beach with the DC, they'd bring me bits of driftwood to feed it and I'd make cups of tea and sausage sandwiches sitting in the sand dunes. I'd like to get another but they are quite pricey - I think about £100, if you want the stove top pans etc.

TattyFrench Tue 12-Jun-18 08:31:19

'Hole' not 'whole'.

This is it in action.

Ellapaella Tue 12-Jun-18 10:17:45

@JiltedJohnsJulie I'll have a look for a link. My DH bought one this weekend, it arrives today. He's bought the extra 'stove' part so we can use it for cooking. He's stupidly excited over it, I couldn't work out if it was anything more than a posh kettle/bbq! But I like the idea of the kids collecting stuff for fuel.
Does it give off heat @TattyFrench?

Ellapaella Tue 12-Jun-18 10:19:27

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kelly-Kettle-Ultimate-Base-Camp/dp/B00RTMPLKG/ref=mpss_a11_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1528795109&sr=8-4&pi=ACSX2366_SY340_QL65&keywords=kelly+kettle&dpPl=1&dpID=41F%2ByayOYAL&ref=plSrch
I don't think we bought ours through amazon but this is basically it.

TattyFrench Tue 12-Jun-18 16:07:08

Ellapaella it does get really hot because the water is in the body of it, so you have to be really careful, especially with children. Also, do not boil it with the cork in!!!!!!

profpoopsnagle Tue 12-Jun-18 18:19:23

We have one, and have the stove part too. It's useful to heat up tinned things, or cook sausages etc, and then you could use the water for something like cous cous/instant noodles. Great fun to use, but it's wise to gather a 'woodpile' first and be aware of safety.

There also is a ghillie kettle which is a similar design, but I don't know about the extras with that one.

BertrandRussell Tue 12-Jun-18 18:21:56

We have a Kelly Kettle- and we love it. But we are a bit up ourselves when it comes to camping- we also have a tipi. grin

Ellapaella Tue 12-Jun-18 18:55:48

grinat up yourselves at camping!

BiddyPop Wed 13-Jun-18 12:00:51

We made "maple syrup taffee" in the back garden in the snow this spring with our Kelly Kettle and the pan on top of the stove part, which was fun!

I haven't yet "field tested" it though, beyond a cup of tea in the back garden another day. But I am looking forward to doing that over the summer at some stage (I can't go family camping this summer, but I may take it on a different trip and do a different field test in Granny's house...could be fun for all the DGCs!).

I was surprised just how quick it was to boil the full kettle of water though!

Ellapaella Wed 13-Jun-18 12:31:48

The maple syrup taffee sounds lovely! Good idea to test in the garden first, I'll do that this weekend.

Ellapaella Wed 13-Jun-18 20:45:25

This is it in action. This thing is fierce! Within a few seconds it's burning so hot, we are trying it out to see how quick it boils water. Apologies as I now realise it's actually spelled Kelly Kettle not 'Kelli'.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: