Talk

Advanced search

Dandy folding camper

(17 Posts)
JustBeingJobless Sat 05-May-18 13:01:13

Does anyone have experience of these? I’m struggling with a tent, even an inflatable one, as my back condition doesn’t allow much in the way of bending, and, as much as 12yo ds helps, he can’t do it by himself.

I figure a folding camper won’t need as much low down work, and I’m ok with doing stuff from waist height upwards. The Dandy ones appeal as they’re made of pvc instead of canvas, so not as bad for packing away in the wet, and I’m limited to driveway space for drying when I get back home.

I’m going to view one next week, but just wondered if anyone had first hand experience with one, particularly the Dandy Delta?

Thanks in advance smile

ADrabLittleCrab Sun 06-May-18 09:19:33

I don't have experience but really wanted one, think they look great and the pvc appealed. Unfortunately, they were a 'retro' step too far for dh and he refused point blank to get one, so we've gone the trailer tent route. All I know is, that all the reviews I read are great, don't think I saw one bad thing written about them, there's also loads of vids on YouTube showing setup and it doesn't look hugely onerous. I'd be really interested to hear how you get on.

JustBeingJobless Sun 06-May-18 21:43:00

Well the one I was due to view tomorrow has been withdrawn from sale sad

There’s another one for sale locally but it’s one of the older brown coloured ones and I have my heart set on a pretty blue and white one! I shall continue my search!

ADrabLittleCrab Sun 06-May-18 22:10:25

That's a shame - have you looked at Riva Sales?

JustBeingJobless Sun 06-May-18 22:27:17

Yeah I was just looking at them. They’ve not got a huge amount in my limited price range at the minute but I’ll keep my eye on them.

ADrabLittleCrab Mon 07-May-18 08:08:31

There's a nice looking one on Ebay in Herts but of course that could 100s of miles away from you. I'm sure something will come up again and hopefully someone who's got one will join this thread soon.

JustBeingJobless Mon 07-May-18 11:26:46

Which one is that? I’m only getting 4 coming up in my eBay search.

ADrabLittleCrab Mon 07-May-18 11:56:11

Sorry ignore me, it says deposit taken.

Found these on preloved

www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/117851819/dandy-folding-camper.html?link=%2Fsearch%3Fkeyword%3DDandy%2Bcamper

www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/117854647/dandy-designer-folding-camper-trailer-tent-in-pale-blue.html?link=%2Fsearch%3Fkeyword%3DDandy%2Bcamper

www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/117754751/dandy-folding-camper-for-sale.html?link=%2Fsearch%3Fkeyword%3DDandy%2Bcamper

I can't have one so I'll just live vicariously through you 😃

JustBeingJobless Mon 07-May-18 11:59:40

grin Please feel free! If you find me s good one, you can borrow it for a week grin

JustBeingJobless Mon 07-May-18 17:41:59

I’ve just put a deposit on one shock One popped up on preloved a few miles from me so went to look at it and I’m picking it up next week, after the tow bar has been fitted on my car. So excited!!

ADrabLittleCrab Mon 07-May-18 18:18:47

Oh wow, I am so pleased for you - that was definitely meant to be. I need pics when you can 😁

JustBeingJobless Mon 07-May-18 18:23:07

This is the one grin It’s got an original awning with it as well, which is something I really wanted. The inside could do with s bit of tlc but I quite enjoy re-covering cushions and things so I’m very excited! Seems very easy to put up the main unit although the awning is a bit fiddly, but I’m sure it’ll get easier with practice. Just need to find a carpet now for the awning.

donajimena Mon 07-May-18 18:26:11

I love it. I want one.

JustBeingJobless Mon 07-May-18 18:27:41

It’s beautiful grin

ADrabLittleCrab Mon 07-May-18 18:44:45

It's lovely - I'm not jealous at all, not not me envy

JustBeingJobless Mon 07-May-18 19:14:52

I shall take lots of pictures as I pretty it up grin

ADrabLittleCrab Mon 07-May-18 20:01:33

Ooo yes do 😀

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: