Talk

Advanced search

Any camping recommendations in Germany?

(6 Posts)
MyNameIsInigoMontoya Tue 06-Mar-18 22:20:32

We're planning to take our own tent and go to maybe 2 different sites. Would like if possible: Somewhere good to swim (pool or lake, river, sea...), family cycle rides, scenery and some interesting places to visit. So far we have thought about the Bavarian Alps, Baltic coast or possibly Lake Constance (Bodensee) areas, but open to any other suggestions. Thank you!

millimat Fri 09-Mar-18 22:55:07

We loved Kirchzarten in the Black forest. It's a busy complex but the swimming pool - next door but free for camping - is superb. Toilets and showers are amazing grin
It's a beautiful area, and easy to get to Switzerland for the day as well.
https://www.camping-kirchzarten.de/index_en.php?lang=en

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Sat 10-Mar-18 17:11:04

Thanks millimat, that sounds interesting, I'll definitely check it out!

badger21 Tue 13-Mar-18 08:07:22

We also liked Kirchzarten - although though it was really crowded.

We also stayed at Camping Via Claudia near Neuschfanstein castle - beautiful, on the lake, and the best under-floor heated toilets/showers I’ve ever seen. It rained a lot (a LOT!!!) and there was never a footprint or a mark anywhere - amazing.

We also stayed at Camping Simonhof near Berchtesgaden. Surrounded by mountains, small campsite. Perfect facilities. Went to Eagles nest (ok), salt mines (amazing) and Salzburg. Beautiful place.

Then we stayed on Lake Constance at Schloss Kirchburg - nice location, campsite only really ok (but cheap). Lake, castle at Meersburg, fab cycling round lake.

We lived Germany for camping and definitely plan to return - let me know if you want to know anything else specific!

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Tue 13-Mar-18 11:45:34

Thank you!! Will look into them all as soon as I get a chance!

Millybingbong Mon 02-Apr-18 10:17:00

great recommendations thanks! we are planning to take the caravan to bodensee so anymore campsites near there with good pools recommended

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: