Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for an inflatable tent please

(22 Posts)
squashyhat Sun 25-Feb-18 11:10:55

My DH and I are looking for a new tent and are thinking about an inflatable one. We have about £450 to spend and would want a large 3 man or 4 man for the space. And we have a Mini so something that packs away reasonably small. Any experience or recommendations please?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 14-Mar-18 13:03:42

I’d be careful. Ours is a larger inflatable, which I love but it’s huge and very heavy.

Piffpaffpoff Sat 17-Mar-18 19:18:36

I’ve been looking at Decathlon’s inflatable range. They pack down smaller and are lighter than the Vango and other brands I’ve looked at at Go Outdoors. I need one I can lift on my own because sometimes we go away without DH. I don’t know how you'd get on getting it in a mini though.

ClosedAuraOpenMind Sat 14-Apr-18 21:34:44

berghaus air 4....I love ours. we camped in a force 8 gale on Islay in it last summer and it stayed up
goes up quickly and down even quicker

Ariesx Thu 26-Apr-18 17:53:44

I've bought a Karsten tent ,supplied via a uk distributer both the service of Suzy and James, who distribute them from there family run business and the Dutch Quality, knock the competition into a cocked Hat .psi for a Uk Chinese made airbeam 10.5 Dutch tent 58psi tyre strength .When buying this type of tent ,the air beams for obvious reasons make or break this product .Also a tip check the Zips that shows overall, the quality of the tent ie cheaply made .Sure the Karsten has a price tag but buy cheap buy twice .

MissWimpyDimple Fri 27-Apr-18 16:56:49

We love the zempire aerodomes.

New Zealand brand. Very well thought out.

We have the 2 bedroom with large porch

ColonelCakes Mon 07-May-18 12:33:24

We have a decathlon fresh and black one, the small family size (maybe called 4xl?) it’s brilliant

MusicalMummyJules Thu 10-May-18 06:13:25

We’re getting this decathlon one at the weekend: www.decathlon.co.uk/xl-fb-air-seconds-family-63-id_8492639.html

It has three bedrooms which was a must for us, but one of the bedrooms is removable in case oldest DC doesn’t want to come!

MissWimpyDimple Thu 10-May-18 10:52:19

I'm always put off by the lack of sewn in groundsheet on the decathlon tents.

itchyknees Wed 16-May-18 22:10:27

Our vango inflatable is ace, there’s nothing to get wrong.

fopper Wed 16-May-18 23:07:00

We have a Vango inflatable but it would be too big for you (5 berth but it is massive, over 7m long). But be warned, as a PP said, they don't pack particularly small. Ours weighs around 50kg (but it is polycotton).

QueenOfAllBiscuitsandMuffins Thu 17-May-18 07:43:59

I have a small decathlon 4 man inflatable tent (can't stand up in it) but was in Decathlonast week and fell in love with their Air 4.2 xl. I could stand in it, it had black out lining and enough room in middle for 4 chairs if it was raining outside.

QueenOfAllBiscuitsandMuffins Thu 17-May-18 07:44:27

AND IT WAS ONLY £299!!!

squashyhat Fri 18-May-18 13:54:32

I forgot I started this thread! On the recommendation of a friend we bought a Coleman Valdes fastpitch for 4 people and did a test run last week. Very simple and quick to erect but harder to expel all the air sufficiently to get it back in the bag - we had to lie on it! Very happy with the space and the blackout bedroom compartment.

squashyhat Fri 18-May-18 13:55:45

And we have a Mini and managed to get it plus all the other gear in quite easily.

hestia2018 Tue 29-May-18 09:28:32

We are in the market for a new tent and have decided we want airbeam too. We currently have an Outwell Montana which has been great for the past few years, but it does take a long time to get all the poles in and I would rather spend more time relaxing with the kids especially as we only really do long weekends.

I like the idea of the Decathlon fresh & black tents as they are a good price (DH is already a bit hmm about us buying a new tent when we have a perfectly good one....)
Plus the large one has 4 bedrooms so kids can have their own space now they are getting older (teenage DD does not want to be getting changed in front of her younger brother!)
However what puts me off is the lack of a decent porch - I know it has a small one but I want one I can put all the cooking stuff, coolbox in etc.
The Coleman looks good too but I haven’t found anywhere they are on display and I really like to see a tent before I buy it.

Other choices are Kampa Croyde (but it is £949 shock ) and Vango Taiga.

AnneWiddecombesHandbag Tue 29-May-18 09:49:43

We have the vango taiga. We spent 2 weeks in France in it. We absolutely loved it! Big enough to sit in when the weather is bad and loads of flaps to open when it's hot. The porch is plenty big enough for the kitchen and a 4 seat fold out picnic table. It's also very tall which was important as dh is 6ft 4. The only problem we had was that the ground wasn't totally flat underneath so the beams weren't all in the exact right position so we did have a little sagging towards the back of the tent. We could have easily remedied this by turning by turning the tent round but we wanted to be face to face with my sister who was in the pitch opposite.

Overall though really loved it!

AnneWiddecombesHandbag Tue 29-May-18 09:50:40

One down side is that the bag is huge!

MumofBoysx2 Tue 29-May-18 09:56:55

We've got a Vango inflatable awning for our caravan and a friend has an inflatable Vango tent. Really impressed with the quality of those.

hestia2018 Tue 29-May-18 10:57:39

Thanks - yes the man in the camping shop said the Vango air beams are very good (he said they have had a lot of problems with the Outwell air tents). He said Vango have a bit better ventilation than the Kampa.

However the advantage of the Kampa is we can put a 4th bedroom pod in and then remove it when DD is older and wants her own tent.

Anne - which size Taiga do you have?

AnneWiddecombesHandbag Tue 29-May-18 10:59:27

We have this one

hestia2018 Tue 29-May-18 11:02:42

Thanks yes that’s the one we saw pitched! Just need to persuade DS and DD2 to share a room if DD1 has her own....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: