Talk

Advanced search

Yelloh campsites in Brittany

(10 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

electricblue2017 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:54:16

Does anyone have experience of Les Mouttes, Port de Plaisance or Le Ranolien please?

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 11-Feb-18 16:57:24

We're just moving this thread over to our camping topic at the OP's request. flowers

TheInimitableMrsFanshawe Sun 11-Feb-18 16:59:27

Yes we’ve been to Les Mouettes (and Le Ranolien, but ages ago). What do you want to know?

SpadesOfGlory Sun 11-Feb-18 17:02:57

Been to Le Ranolien on family hols as a teenager - 15 years ago or so. Memory could be quite patchy but if you have any specific questions i can try and answer them!

electricblue2017 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:22:26

Bit of a campsite virgin and wondered if suitable for a newborn, 5 and 10 year old? Is there a lot to do in the local area? is that correct?

SpadesOfGlory Sun 11-Feb-18 18:00:11

I was there when I was about 14 and my siblings were all younger, youngest about 4. We drove so went into the local towns, but it was quite a big campsite with a large pool and slides anyway so there's plenty to keep kids amused! I think there was a 'cinema' of sorts, and kids clubs. The market came once or twice a week. Basically, I don't remember being bored at all smile

TheInimitableMrsFanshawe Sun 11-Feb-18 18:02:58

For up to age 5 you’d be fine. There isn’t masses to do off site in the area. If the weather is good then you’re golden because there’s the beach, an absolutely fantastic pool complex, playground etc.

If you and the kids are happy pottering around doing those things, plus a few trips to Morlaix, Roscoff etc then fine. There’s a kids club, cinema, bouncy castle, as others have said.

TheInimitableMrsFanshawe Sun 11-Feb-18 18:03:32

Sorry, that should say up to age 10.

TheSconeOfStone Sun 11-Feb-18 19:37:23

We camped in our own tent at les mouettes in 2014. We had an enjoyable week despite pretty awful weather. Even when the sun came out it was cool and breezy. Pool complex is very good. Kids made friends on site so were happy.

Off site we enjoyed a wander around morlaix, got free bus to nearest resort of carantec which is a pretty little place with great beaches, went on a boat trip to a fort on an island nearby (fort taureau or something) and went to an ancient burial mound because I love ancient history. Spent lots of time eating fabulous Breton cakes and crepes whilst sheltering from the rain. I prefer south Brittany but we throught the area was worth a visit.

Purplemond Sun 11-Feb-18 21:58:20

when we use to stay at a site in Benodet at lot of families based themselves at les mouttes at the end of their holiday for a few nights as it is close to Roscoff, i only ever heard good things about it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: