Talk

Advanced search

Lake Garda campsites

(11 Posts)
Blastandtroph Mon 15-Jan-18 13:23:36

Considering Lake Garda in the Summer with our campervan - we usually do France. Any recommendations for sites? Preference is not too large, swimming pool or lake-side and walking distance to local restaurants/naice restaurant on-site. DC are teens so no need for kids clubs.

Thank you.

Todayissunny Mon 15-Jan-18 13:52:05

E stayed at Piano di clodia. Nice site. Lovely pools. On the lake but no beach for swimming. We went in spring. Not sure what it would be like in high season.

I can recommend Lago d'idro as an alternative. Beautiful place. Much quieter than garda. The campsite we stayed at had a wind surf school on the campground (very reasonable priced).

Blastandtroph Mon 15-Jan-18 14:23:20

Thank you Today. Windsurfing option would go down well with the DC. I'll check it out.

Todayissunny Mon 15-Jan-18 20:54:48

I checked the name of the campground -Azur sport Rio vantone. They have a very small number of eurocamp type pitches. We met a lovely english family while we were there.

Blastandtroph Mon 15-Jan-18 21:05:58

We really like the look of the Garda site you recommended but they require a minimum night stay for our dates and we plan to stay elsewhere on way there and return.

We've found a lovely site on the western(?) shore which we think might suit us as seems a bit more off the main drag, but likewise walking distance to good restaurants.

Thank you again for your ideas Today.

loubielou31 Fri 26-Jan-18 23:33:27

We stayed at the site that's listed with cool camping. (I can't remember the name but there was a little island within wading distance of the shore) it was late in the season so much less busy and the location was amazing.

mirage937 Sat 27-Jan-18 09:21:55

we have always wanted to go to Italy but always been put off as others we know who have been says sites are very busy, cramped and there seems so many restrictions, our van probably wouldnt be accepted on many sites any way as its quite long, but im going to look into the sites posted the ones we have heard of all seem the be the Eurocamp large parks so its no wonder they are so busy and loud in HS

MaggieMay23 Mon 29-Jan-18 17:47:51

We stayed in our motorhome at camping tiglio near Sirmione. We booked for a night and ended up staying a week - we liked the site and it's location. It had a lovely restaurant and bar, a shop and a swimming pool. There were nice walks round the lake and we were just outside Sirmione and could easily cycle into the town. It's a dog friendly site too

didldidi Tue 13-Feb-18 17:34:28

We stayed in camping du parc in Lasize. Good for public transport, right on the lake and a nice walk in to the old walled town. Not too big but enough to do.

Blastandtroph Thu 15-Feb-18 19:08:14

Just picked up those other replies. Thank you for responding.

We've booked Camping Fornella on the quieter eastern side. I'll report back!

Blastandtroph Thu 15-Feb-18 19:09:25

Useless in navigating myself! Western side I mean.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: