Talk

Advanced search

Huttopia Campsites in France

(14 Posts)
foxandhounds Sat 06-Jan-18 17:01:22

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has been to any of the Huttopia campsites in France? Especially the one near Versailles, and the one at Valloiuse, but interested in experiences at any of them really? If so then what was it like, did you have a good holiday? Thanks for reading.

Kahlua4me Sun 07-Jan-18 16:23:23

We have stayed on the one on Isle d’Oleron and really liked it. It felt very relaxed and easy going so we all had a good time. Facilities were immaculate and regularly cleaned and all staff were friendly and helpful.

millimat Tue 09-Jan-18 08:25:27

We have stayed at the versailles one. Pitches are quite tight and is expensive for the facilities. However it's perfectly placed for versailles and there is a direct train into Paris centre.

foxandhounds Tue 09-Jan-18 20:54:10

Thanks both for responding. Think we'll give it a go, we're considering 2 weeks in the Alps and then 3 days in Versailles on the way back - the location is what's drawing us to that one rather than the actual site.

timshortfforthalia Tue 09-Jan-18 20:58:39

Hi, we have stayed at the Brittany one and also their forest camp nr dordogne. Really like. Felt really civilized, middle class and aspirational blush this year we will split our tune between a whistles and bells euro camp affair to keep DC happy, and a huttopia (also thinking alps)

wowsaidtheowl Thu 11-Jan-18 17:42:05

We stayed in two last summer. We loved Saumur but were very disappointed with Sarlat- horrid pool (dirty, broken tiles), dirty bathrooms. I think they’re all in the process of being refurbished and some are still a bit old and tired.

foxandhounds Sat 13-Jan-18 20:24:06

Thanks all. Going to book it tomorrow I think.

dolfinne Fri 19-Jan-18 21:21:21

We used two but only as stopovers, Rambouillet and Royat for what we saw they seemed lovely sites in nice settings and despite it been peak season the toilet blocks still seemed very clean

Flizzz Sun 21-Jan-18 12:26:00

Much prefered the set up of Huttopia sites to Eurocamp, more a french camping holiday feel, no loud entertainment till the early hours and the ones we tried we in beautiful forest settings great for dc to explore, running, walk and cycling and fishing

fruitpastille Thu 08-Feb-18 14:49:18

We've been to Rambouillet, Senonches and Rillé. All great but Rillé favorite I think. You can get to Paris quite easily by train from Rambouillet.

foxandhounds Thu 08-Feb-18 23:37:48

Thanks all. We have now booked the alpes one for August and will also stop over in Versailles on the way back. Sound like just our type of sites, now just have to wait till August...

ForgivenessIsDivine Fri 16-Feb-18 15:44:55

Is the alps on in Divonne les Bains or are there others?

Huttopia took over Indigo recently. .. I loved the Indigo brand.

foxandhounds Fri 16-Feb-18 16:06:03

Hi we're going to the one at vallouise which I think is up a different valley.

ForgivenessIsDivine Fri 16-Feb-18 16:15:15

Ah... much nicer!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now