Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to La Croix du Vieux Pont near Disney?

(5 Posts)
thisgirlrides Fri 27-Oct-17 14:55:35

We are trying to find a way to take our dc to DLP in the May half term next year on a tight budget & this campsite looks ideal. Has anyone stayed here? Just wondering what the normal camping accommodation is like (i.e. Not safari tents or mobile homes), whether there is a shuttle to DLP or if we'll have to pay massive parking costs and any other general thoughts about the site as a whole.
Thanks

profpoopsnagle Fri 27-Oct-17 18:53:24

Haven't stayed here but have used les 4 vents. It was only about 10-15 mins drive from DLP, although you would still have to pay for parking. I think the site is a little more basic than Vieux Pont- certainly fine for visiting DLP, but if you want other things going on in the week, Vieux Pont might be better.

We found buying 2 lots of '1 day 1 parc' tickets cheaper than 2 days, although you can't flit between the parcs. If you're planning to visit for 3 days, it might pay you to look into annual passes as the parking can be included in some of those.

reallybadidea Fri 27-Oct-17 18:59:23

We stayed there for DLP a few years ago. It's a nice enough campsite but it was much further from DLP than we'd anticipated. If I remember rightly it was at least an hour away. They did offer a shuttle but I think it was cheaper to drive and park. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be restricted to shuttle times anyway.

Unlessant the additional facilities it offers I'd go for something closer. I don't know much about the normal camping facilities because we were in a mobile home, but it seemed fairly typical for a 'nice' French campsite as far as I could tell.

billybagpuss Fri 27-Oct-17 19:01:43

I'm pretty sure we stayed there a few years back as a stop over either en route to the south or the alps. From memory it was well kept quite a lively site. A bit big for my liking (but I'm happier wild camping away from everyone) We stayed in either Keycamp or Eurocamp and it was fine. Not sure about the disney transport but I seem to remember them mentioning something about it so it might be worth contacting the site directly.

stringbean Sat 28-Oct-17 21:33:05

I wouldn't really consider Vieux Pont to be near DLP - it's a long drive back at the end of the day. We stayed at Jablines each time we went - about 15 mins drive from DLP. Small site in the middle of a huge leisure park; no pool but lake with sandy beach in the park which is fab for swimming if weather is hot enough. Pitches aren't huge but we found it fine; it's a quiet site, pretty basic, small shop, small playground and that's about it, but nice clean shower blocks, hot water etc & very helpful friendly reception staff. Our dc took scooters for using on the site but you could take bikes for cycling out in the leisure park. As an alternative to camping, the site has chalets which you can rent for minimum 3 nights I think. We've done this a couple of times as well as camping. I recall there is a shuttle bus to DLP. We didn't use it as we found the parking at Disney Village was cheaper than the main car park, but I don't think that's the case any more sadly. If you fancy a day in Paris you can get the RER from Marne la Vallee station - takes about 40 min as I recall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now