Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Campervan virgin

(8 Posts)
codswallopandbalderdash Tue 19-Sep-17 23:35:15

Maybe I'm mad but have this insane idea to go in a camper van with DH and DC (under5). What camper van should I be looking to hire - 4 of us need a bit of space / some facilities.

Also, are there any recommended sites in north of england - ideally northumberland area or southern scotland. Want to avoid the lake district as have already spent so much time there.

All advice appreciated as I don't know what I am doing / what I am thinking. Prior to DC my idea of holiday heaven was a 4 star hotel with spa - but DC are insisting on going camping

RTKM Tue 19-Sep-17 23:41:18

The main thing is to check number of seat belts cos 4 berth doesn't always mean 4 x 3 point proper seat belted seats

It is a very weird thing that MH manufacture companies seem to think is ok

PebblesFlintstone Tue 19-Sep-17 23:44:03

What size are you thinking of getting? We had a T25 for years but got rid of it after DC2 as it was just too small for 4.

RTKM Tue 19-Sep-17 23:44:34

Can you drive C1?

IMHO A class ones have more living area due to shape at front

PebblesFlintstone Tue 19-Sep-17 23:45:07

Sorry, that wasn't very helpful! Just pointing out that with 2 kids you definitely want bigger than the standard VW campervan.

PopGoesTheWeaz Wed 20-Sep-17 19:41:48

Friends have a t25 for them, 2 DC (10 and 13) and a large dog and they love it and feel there is plenty of room except the dad wishes there was more room in the bed - but they have a king at home so I think anything feels tight in comparison.

PopGoesTheWeaz Wed 20-Sep-17 19:44:22

I know loads of people with the standard VW van for 4 and they love them. If you have a high top (rather than a pop top) then you can store your camping stuff up there while on the road.

Lancelottie Fri 22-Sep-17 07:26:47

I know you said 'not Lakes' but this one (the red one) does say it has 3-point seatbelts in the back:
www.vwcamperhire.net/robbie_van.php

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now