Talk

Advanced search

Tent recommendations please.

(10 Posts)
2wild Sat 02-Sep-17 07:48:50

Hi.
I would love any suggestions for a new tent. We've been camping and leaving today.
Hello to anyone here at Scotts farm. 😊

It just me and three DC. 11 and younger.
I'll like to keep them all on the same side of the tent with me. So one that has large space for four one side.
I need to put it up myself with limited help from 10 year old.
Space for stuff i.e. Table inside when it rains.
But a sewn in ground sheet is what I really want. I don't like the one we have now. I've pegged around the whole inside bit but it's so flappy and drafty if that makes sense.
I'm not sure what to look for if anyone has suggestions thank you.

Shhhsleeping Sat 02-Sep-17 08:14:28

I used an Outwell palm coast 600 this year. Unfortunately the one we had leaked but I will definately be getting another for next year. I put it up with a just 9 year old. Plenty of room inside and we had lots of rain.

2wild Sat 02-Sep-17 20:00:52

It's covers everything exactly what I want thanks for your reply. A bit worrying that it leaked though and a couple reviews said that too. Where did it leak?

Achoopichu Sat 02-Sep-17 20:06:30

If I was getting a new one now I'd get An outwell Montana 5 or whitecove 5 with the extension. You can cook/sit in the extension even when it's raining and stand up in the big space. The link shows the price for the extension only.

Separate sleeping spaces too

www.campingworld.co.uk/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=19456

Piffpaffpoff Sat 02-Sep-17 20:10:27

I'm looking at this Decathlon inflatable. I've seen a few of these on campsites this summer and a friend has just bought an inflatable and says it's a piece of cake to put up/take down.

SoPassRemarkable Sat 02-Sep-17 20:16:07

I would always go for a tent where the main poles are steel rather than fibreglass. So the Montana above the Palm Coast.

colouringinagain Sat 02-Sep-17 20:44:35

Vango Icarus is v good

Piffpaffpoff Sun 03-Sep-17 07:23:13

I have a vango Icarus at the moment. Had it for 5 years. Really like it, easy to put up, spacious for what it is and you can buy an extension for it if you want more space.

On the downside, I've had problems with the fibreglass poles, one split on our first trip and I've had more go since then. (I am now an expert in pole repair!)

2wild Sun 03-Sep-17 13:36:14

Thank you.
Some good choices to look at.

ClosedAuraOpenMind Sat 07-Oct-17 01:03:31

know i'm late to this but we've got a Berghaus Air4. it's inflatable so easy to pitch for 1 person, and we had it up in a force 8 gale this summer with no ill effects. plenty of space to take a wee table inside

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now