Talk

Advanced search

Camping in Croatia

(6 Posts)
caitlinohara Sun 04-Jun-17 16:48:52

Has anyone ever done this?

We've been to France the past few years (not camping) but I fancy a change and we've never been before. A lot of the sites I have looked at are enormous and I'd probably rather something smaller and quieter. Any recommendations?

Milliways Tue 06-Jun-17 07:09:40

100 pitches?. This one was on a mailing list I got this week. Worth looking at ACSI for discounts and reviews.

blackteaplease Mon 12-Jun-17 18:45:12

A long time ago DH and I camped on korcula and also on the mainland. Let me see if I can find the sites.

blackteaplease Mon 12-Jun-17 18:54:10

Hmm, looks like we went to Port 9, it was right on the water and you could get a water taxi to the old town. It was a bit noisy at night but the pitches were quite private.

We also went to orebic and stayed in a campsite that was basically someone's garden with the tents all squeezed in!

caitlinohara Mon 12-Jun-17 22:45:21

Thanks! Excited now!

StripyBlanket Tue 13-Jun-17 17:44:06

I am desperate to visit Croatia so interested in recommendations too. I have visions of camping right near the beach, in a secluded quiet pitches on one of the beautiful islands. I can dream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now