Talk

Advanced search

Nice campsites in France with good swimming nearby

(7 Posts)
bruffian Wed 24-May-17 16:25:42

Any recommendations? My youngest is 11 so not necessarily a toddler friendly campsite iyswim

GenevaJoey Wed 31-May-17 14:16:21

I'm not sure if it's nice, (though I hope so): we're going here for the weekend:

europe.huttopia.com/en/site/dieulefit/

It has a lake and pools. There are other campsites in the brand as well. Will report back!

stripeknee Thu 01-Jun-17 14:43:02

which area of france ? are you looking close to a fery port or willing to have a long drive ? do you want a swimming pool onsite or just nearby ?

i would recommend looking at eurocamp website as they have a great range of sites and you can then go with eurocamp independent if taking your own tent or book with sites direct, we have always found les castels sites to be great too

we have stayed at a lot of dutch run sites and the staff speak excellent English and run activites and kids clubs in many languages

we prefer to opt for small to medium sites as we find these quieter especially in the evenings in some places where organised activites run until the early hours

Shockers Fri 02-Jun-17 20:16:42

I'm looking for similar, OP. I need something in between Paris and South Brittany. DCs are 17 and 18 and love the water. I'm currently looking at Central Loire and not feeling particularly inspired. I prefer smaller sites too.

bettycat81 Sat 03-Jun-17 08:54:22

We stayed at Camping le logis du breuil last year in Charente-Maritime so a bit further south, it is quite a big site but we never felt crowded and there was a lot of open space. The swimming pool had just been completed and was fantastic! There are lots of shaded pitches and a few more open if you are sun worshipers. Its only a short walk to the coast too.

We stopped on the way down for a few nights just south of Cholet (camping at le rouge gorge which was really nice, had a pool but was more of a stopover site) and visited the Puy du Fou which was amazing. We did the drive back in one go.

Shockers Sat 03-Jun-17 10:28:36

I've just this minute booked Camping Lestaubiere, at Dauville, Dordogne! It only has 100 pitches and looks very relaxed. It has a wild swimming lake, with pontoon.

Also booked a small site near Paris, Les 4 Vents because we promised DD a day at EuroDisney (I wouldn't last longer than a day!). We'll also have a day in Paris (we've been many times, so a day will be enough on this holiday).

Lastly, La Grande Metairie in Southern Brittany, to meet up with friends for our final week.

I'm very excited now!! 😎

Smith1 Sat 10-Jun-17 23:03:00

We've stayed at les vents. Very handy for Disney and the pitches are huge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now