Talk

Advanced search

Trailer size

(5 Posts)
BenjaminLinus Fri 19-May-17 12:50:21

Is there a limit on how big a trailer can be? We've been given a sheep trailer, not very big as livestock trailers go, about 6' by 4' and less than 6' headspace. Do you think it would be ok to use as a camping trailer? It's not as tall as the tent, but obviously looks a bit different to the little car trailers usually used. Has anyone ever seen a trailer like this used?

winewolfhowls Mon 22-May-17 08:13:30

There's a rule about towing and your driving licence, if you got your licence after 1997 you can only tow up to a certain weight on a normal licence (or something like that).

I don't think how it looks matters as long as it's got the lights and plates on, which I assume it has. Sounds like a good one to me.

The ukcampsite.co.uk people know all about this stuff, ask there, I just didn't want you to remain unanswered.

BenjaminLinus Mon 22-May-17 16:49:19

Thanks - will check ukcampsite. It is road legal and my licence covers it, it's just a bit of an odd thing to have on a campsite.

jellyshoeswithdiamonds Mon 22-May-17 23:22:19

Aren't there gaps in the side walls?
Can't be water tight for camping gear.

Nice size though.

BenjaminLinus Mon 22-May-17 23:46:25

Only gap is above the ramp. It's vintage!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now