Talk

Advanced search

Half Term inspiration please!

(8 Posts)
yetanotherdeskmove Thu 18-May-17 15:52:16

We are planning this years first camping trip for the back end of half term (31st may onwards), and are looking for inspiration!
Would like no more than 3 hrs drive from Leeds, so Lakes, North Wales, Peak, North Yorks, Dales, Northumberland.
We like quietish sites, possibly with a playground but not essential, and plenty of things to do in the surrounding area.
We have a 6yo and 4yo.
Where would you go??

BarchesterFlowers Sat 20-May-17 07:48:31

I would go to the coast I think, tons to do for little kids, do a search on uk campsite, I like Folly Hall Farm and Springhill Farm sites, small and quiet, maybe too small??

Inland This is just near me.

DD always seemed to enjoy the coast/beach the most when she was little.

BarchesterFlowers Sat 20-May-17 08:06:04

This Springhill, rather than the many others!

profpoopsnagle Sat 20-May-17 09:30:46

You might want to try The Quiet site near Ullswater.

Pengweng Sat 20-May-17 17:33:40

We are going here this half term.

www.thesecretgardentouringpark.co.uk/

It's got it's own hobbit hill, playground, pigs, brewery on site and it's quite small so not loads of people.

Our 2 are nearly 5.

pieceofpurplesky Sat 20-May-17 17:58:45

These two are great and lots to do around and about. Delamere Forest, Chester, Chester Zoo, lots of countryside and near to Manchester and Liverpool and their museums. Also only an hour from Snowdonia and North Wales

http://www.fishpoolfarmcaravanpark.co.uk/

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/cheshire/northwich/delamereforest?utmsource=google&utmm_medium=organic&utmcontent=DelamereForest&utmm_campaign=google_places

PippaH74 Mon 22-May-17 10:38:01

Three Cliffs in the Gower is fab, and has the BEST beach in the world. Also Swansea nearby if weather not great.... might be a bit far for you. Also love Thistledown, woods great for kids to play in and my kids always found playmates there. Enjoy and I hope the sunshines for you!
We take kids Pipity Activity Cases and books - great for keeping them busy in the morning and if there's a shower - good bit of camping kit for kids!

yetanotherdeskmove Sun 04-Jun-17 18:46:34

We checked out the weather and decided on Northumberland. We went to the Dunstan Hill CCC site and it was great, lovely playground, spotless facilities, small shop in reception, quiet at night but enough campers that there were children for the dc to make friends with, and a fish and chip van on Friday nights. Will be going again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now