Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp and rash vests

(9 Posts)
Lucked Wed 17-May-17 22:50:24

We are off to Eurocamp soon and from looking through mumsnet threads it seems as though la vieux port is one of the few which does enforce the speedo rule which DH is shocked about. My main concern is my two preschoolers who have to wear sunsafe swimsuits like this because they are so very very fair like myself (never tan, only burn). Is this allowed? Even if I bought new pant style bottoms they would need a rash vest, the websites says no t-shirts in the pools.

Anyone been and can enlighten us? Also can men wear the tight speedo shorts rather than briefs?

reallyneedmoresleep Thu 18-May-17 00:12:19

We went a couple of years ago. My kids wore all in one UV suits and it was fine. DS wore cycling short style trunks.

Have a great time. The Chateau Pierrefond is well worth a visit.

pseudonymity Thu 18-May-17 00:19:37

Eurocamp speedo rule?

Giraffeski Thu 18-May-17 00:30:45

I would think rash vests will be ok as they aren't normal day wear? IIRC that's the reason for the speedo rule anyway

Movingin2017 Thu 18-May-17 00:38:15

It's fine as long as what is worn it's tight. They don't like baggy clothes on nakedness as being unhygenic
No probs with uv sun suits

Lucked Thu 18-May-17 19:43:47

Thanks, that's my mind put to rest, off to buy DH speedo cycling shorts, he is a board shorts man!!

TestTubeTeen Thu 18-May-17 19:56:25

It isn't the nakedness that worries them, it is that they consider it dirty to wear clothing in the pool that has been worn out and about, picking up dust and dirt and sweat, which then gets transferred into the pool, They make the rule because they assume that speedos do not get worn lounging on the grass for a picnic etc.

Ditto T Shirts - it could be something that has been worn out and about and be mucky before it gets into the pool.

So check that cycling-type shorts don't look as if he has actually been cycling in them!

TestTubeTeen Thu 18-May-17 20:01:35

This article suggests that there are places that don't accept cycle shorts.

Lucked Thu 18-May-17 20:34:37

Hmm.. I will get him a pair with speedo clearly written on the side, he can't actually ride a bike so he will be indignant if they accuse him of that.

I also plan to sneak a shorter pair into the luggage (M&S have cheap ones) just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now