Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TAlk to me about SIMs

(10 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Sat 13-May-17 22:54:45

We currently have outwell poseda camp beds what we use a vango 5cm SIM on as well. Whilst I like the camp beds I find that they don't allow for fidgeting, so once I find a position it feels like I have to say there so we are thinking about ditching the beds and just using the SIM.

I am wondering though if 5cm is deep enough as I have a bad back (only muscular caused by overexercising) and both me and DP are on the larger side.

I laid on a 7cm bed today in the shop and it was comfy despite not being fully inflated.

So do I buy another 5cm and put them together (or will they slip?) OR do I go for either a 7 or 10cm mat? They are expensive but if we do buy them I will have one double camp bed and a two singles to sell so could recoup some of the money that way.

just see how we get on with the 5cm?

This camping lark is not cheap is it?

AngelsWithSilverWings Sun 14-May-17 15:45:19

We have the Outwell dream catcher 10cm ones. More comfortable than my own bed at home. DH tried my DS's 5cm Vango and he could feel the floor through it. The only downside of the 10cm ones is that they take up more packing space.

MissWimpyDimple Sun 14-May-17 15:54:11

We have been debating this for a while.

I can wholeheartedly recommend one of these

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/air-inflatable-camp-bed-70-cm-id_8352099.html

I am using it with an outwell dreamcatcher 7cm sim, but I think a 5cm would be fine.

I can't really explain why it's different to a camp bed or just being on the floor but it is. It's just like a bed at home.

hillbilly Sun 14-May-17 18:15:35

I have an old vango 7.5cm double which is super comfy. I always put extra air in too 😀

TheoriginalLEM Sun 14-May-17 21:18:57

how do you put extra air in?

Silverstreaks Sun 14-May-17 21:45:09

We've got Costco 5cm ones and they are sooo comfy. I think 5cm is ample.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 14-May-17 22:31:25

i think we are going to get another 5cm double and use that with our current mat. We have decided to leave the camp beds at home confused

5cm wouldn't be enough for meas my back is playing up at the moment.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 21-May-17 18:54:48

We treated ourselves to a 10cm bed as we are quite big and also get bad backs. We may take the 5cm too - why not grin

What do people put undeneath them? worried im going to be cold

elektrawoman Mon 22-May-17 13:46:12

we have a tent carpet under ours, but some people use picnic blankets. You do need something to insulate against the cold.

TestTubeTeen Mon 22-May-17 14:47:52

You don't need insulation under a SIM because the foam inside them IS insulation.

You need insulation under a blow up bed.

You might like a tent carpet / rug / foam tiles in the bedroom pod to help keep the whole pod warm, and be softer underfoot.

Personally I don't bother, too much stuff to pack and cart about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now