Talk

Advanced search

Clothes storage in a bell tent

(11 Posts)
ojalele Sat 13-May-17 00:54:53

How do you do it? The sides are too low for a camping wardrobe. What is practical (and looks nice)?

BarchesterFlowers Sat 13-May-17 07:34:30

We have a pyramid and tipi, same sloping sides.

We leave our clothes in our bags - north face base camp duffel type bags, waterproof. We have got one each - they make useful backrests and fit beautifully at the bottom of the tent wall.

BarchesterFlowers Sat 13-May-17 07:35:52

Just read the "looks nice" bit, sorry, I only do practical grin.

Letmesleepalready Sat 13-May-17 07:41:38

Wow, never even heard of a camping wardrobe before! We just keep everything in our bags too. By the end of the holiday it's not very neat though!

BarchesterFlowers Sat 13-May-17 07:46:24

We stick a black bin bag in a corner near the door for dirty clothes. Again, practical not pretty,

By the end of our holiday our back rests are saggy. 😂

NerrSnerr Sat 13-May-17 07:48:03

We keep clothes in the bag and use a binliner for dirty clothes. Do camping wardrobes exist?

TrumpsToddlerTantrums Sat 13-May-17 07:49:39

We have a couple of large Really Useful boxes that we can cover with blankets, or we (grown ups) leave everything in our bags. The children leave everything on the floor to maintain that homely vibe!grin

ojalele Sat 13-May-17 10:46:30

That sounds a lot like our current approach. I just love the idea of a lovely neat tent. I guess it's only an idea.

I have a throw that i throw over suitcases.

ojalele Sat 13-May-17 10:53:02

https://go.bol.com/ep/9200000069061666

43percentburnt Mon 22-May-17 19:28:30

We bought a pop up storage basket with a lid from the kids section in ikea to use for dirty washing.

You could buy a couple and place folded clothes into them. They are relatively pretty depending on what look you are going for.

We have a bell tent, but with 3 of 3 and under, it's not as pretty as it could be!

PopGoesTheWeaz Wed 24-May-17 14:27:31

We each of a bag for our clothes and I have a pretty laundry bag for dirty clothes.

We have a cot so I store all of this under the bed and pull them out as needed. I also use an indian beadspread as dust ruffle which conceals the unsightly mess underneath. It helps keep me calm smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now