Talk

Advanced search

Festival tent for two

(9 Posts)
bettycat81 Thu 11-May-17 17:50:51

Hi,
We camp often but in a fold out camper. My DS (7) and I are off to our first festival (Jimmy's) later this year and although I have offers of tents to borrow I have been having a look around. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'very been looking at the Coleman coastline 3 Plus and like the idea of a porch.

SoulAccount Thu 11-May-17 21:11:30

It looks a fine tent, my personal quibble with it would be that it isn't full standing height and I find constant stopping really wearing.

For a similar price range, on the Go Outdoors website for e.g I would look at Vango Talus or HiGear Aura Elite 3. Check weights and pack sizes and dimensions and see how they suit.

bettycat81 Fri 12-May-17 07:19:44

Thank you!
My parents have a four birth similar to those... I worry about putting it up by myself. May give it a go if it looks like bad weather.

SoulAccount Sat 13-May-17 06:15:49

Those can easily be put up by one person, and anyway a 7 year old is a useful assistant when putting up a tent.

Look on YouTube: Gary from Cross Camping demonstrates the 'Cross Camping Method' of putting up a tunnel tent which is easy for one person.

We have last years version of this
www.decathlon.co.uk/air-seconds-family-4-xl-id_8384153.html

I take it to festivals when it's just me and the 2 kids (6&8) and there is plenty of room. I can't stand up straight in it but as a festival is usually 3/4 days and you are out doing stuff for most of it I don't find that a problem.

The main thing for me is that it is SO EASY to put up and take down by myself.

If your budget stretches to a little more than that then this one looks stand up straightable in
www.decathlon.co.uk/air-seconds-family-41-xl-id_8384152.html

bettycat81 Sat 20-May-17 22:23:25

Thank you Queen of all biscuits... that looks a fan tent. Unfortunately my budget has had to go down a little so I was put back to square one... currently looking at a Vango Beta 350 deluxe (£99) or a Eurohike avon 3 man... (£70). Ugh..I'm so fed up with myself and my over researching!

bettycat81 Sat 20-May-17 22:23:44

Fab tent

bettycat81 Sat 20-May-17 22:25:44

I'm not too fussed about standing room, as hopefully not too much time will be spent in it other than sleeping! Around 130-140 is fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now