Talk

Advanced search

Festival tent for two

(10 Posts)
bettycat81 Thu 11-May-17 17:50:51

Hi,
We camp often but in a fold out camper. My DS (7) and I are off to our first festival (Jimmy's) later this year and although I have offers of tents to borrow I have been having a look around. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'very been looking at the Coleman coastline 3 Plus and like the idea of a porch.

SoulAccount Thu 11-May-17 21:11:30

It looks a fine tent, my personal quibble with it would be that it isn't full standing height and I find constant stopping really wearing.

For a similar price range, on the Go Outdoors website for e.g I would look at Vango Talus or HiGear Aura Elite 3. Check weights and pack sizes and dimensions and see how they suit.

bettycat81 Fri 12-May-17 07:19:44

Thank you!
My parents have a four birth similar to those... I worry about putting it up by myself. May give it a go if it looks like bad weather.

SoulAccount Sat 13-May-17 06:15:49

Those can easily be put up by one person, and anyway a 7 year old is a useful assistant when putting up a tent.

Look on YouTube: Gary from Cross Camping demonstrates the 'Cross Camping Method' of putting up a tunnel tent which is easy for one person.

We have last years version of this
www.decathlon.co.uk/air-seconds-family-4-xl-id_8384153.html

I take it to festivals when it's just me and the 2 kids (6&8) and there is plenty of room. I can't stand up straight in it but as a festival is usually 3/4 days and you are out doing stuff for most of it I don't find that a problem.

The main thing for me is that it is SO EASY to put up and take down by myself.

If your budget stretches to a little more than that then this one looks stand up straightable in
www.decathlon.co.uk/air-seconds-family-41-xl-id_8384152.html

bettycat81 Sat 20-May-17 22:23:25

Thank you Queen of all biscuits... that looks a fan tent. Unfortunately my budget has had to go down a little so I was put back to square one... currently looking at a Vango Beta 350 deluxe (£99) or a Eurohike avon 3 man... (£70). Ugh..I'm so fed up with myself and my over researching!

bettycat81 Sat 20-May-17 22:23:44

Fab tent

bettycat81 Sat 20-May-17 22:25:44

I'm not too fussed about standing room, as hopefully not too much time will be spent in it other than sleeping! Around 130-140 is fine!

Tattsyrup Sat 03-Jun-17 19:55:03

I have a Vango Alpha 300 and I love it. It's really easy to put up and take down, and has enough room for two people plus gear. The bag is tiny and light, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now