Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Camping and Breastfeeding

(12 Posts)
MrsBrightside80 Sun 07-May-17 20:28:01

Just looking for some hints and tips for comfortable breastfeeding while camping. I cannot feed lying down so will need some kind of chair to feed in at night.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We have standard camping chairs but I am not too keen on moving around too much in case I wake the rest of the family!

Thanks for your help!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 07-May-17 20:33:39

I have a folding chair with arms which I found very comfortable to feed in last summer, like this
goo.gl/images/NUuOF6

SleepWhatSleep1 Sun 07-May-17 20:35:18

Try one of those inflatable ones that look like a huge vulva. They are so comfortable to feed in! Can't remember what they're called though.

SleepWhatSleep1 Sun 07-May-17 20:41:02

m.cotswoldoutdoor.com/equipment/furniture/loungair

Loungair they're called smile

My biggest tip though is to buy a cheap fleece jumper and cut a horizontal slot in it to sleep in - so when you get up to feed you don't freeze your chest.

Daffydil Sun 07-May-17 20:42:26

I found a folding moon chair really comfortable for bfing in.

MrsJamesMathews Sun 07-May-17 20:44:38

Believe, after a night in a tent with a feeding baby, you'll soon learn to feed laying down! unhelpful

MrsBrightside80 Sun 07-May-17 20:51:08

Thank you everyone, really helpful!

isittheholidaysyet Sun 07-May-17 20:56:45

Can't really help as I learnt to feed laying down on my first camping trip with DS1.

But a warning that it will be flipping freezing when you go to feed in the night, so make sure you have loads of blankets and things. I love the fleece jumper idea above. (I wish I'd thought of it) The less you have to strip off the better.

PotteringAlong Sun 07-May-17 20:58:29

I wear a fleece onsie to breastfeed in. Unattractive but cosy!

SleepWhatSleep1 Sun 07-May-17 21:00:05

The fleece jumper trick really works at home when bedsharing as I'd always wake in winter with a cold upper chest, having fallen asleep feeding lying down, with my PJs top unbuttoned! It also means I stay warm with blankets just to my waist for safer bedsharing.

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Wed 10-May-17 01:14:42

Remember slankets from a few years ago? Absolute dream for breastfeeding when camping.

PotteringAlong Wed 10-May-17 18:45:13

A Slanket is a genius idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now