Talk

Advanced search

My latest camping purchase, it will change my life!

(16 Posts)
profpoopsnagle Fri 05-May-17 08:44:38

Been after better shoe storage for ages- you know when you walk past umpteen tents and take sneaky peeks of what they do.... especially the Dutch.

Anyway, wanted to get an upright shoe tree thing, to take up less space (we currently use rectangular trugs, which end up with shoes getting wrecked if they are muddy/wet). Trawled endless sites, looking for something but came across
this beauty

The base is quite heavy, but it will pack down relatively small, and it takes up less floorspace than other ones I was looking at.

PaddedRoomForOnePlease Sat 06-May-17 18:54:44

Fabulous, I've just ordered this. Thanks for the tip, I hate shoe clutter. My tent will now be an oasis of calm (if I don't take the kids grin)

PotteringAlong Sat 06-May-17 18:56:21

£2.99?! I've just ordered one too! grin

TryingtobePrepared Sat 06-May-17 20:14:49

Do you think Amazon also sell a family that would put their shoes on it.....

katymac Sat 06-May-17 20:23:32

I'm getting really into camping gadgets.....although we have a motor home

I think that might be over kill for just DH & I - the cat doesn't wear shoes!!

I do however need a bin solution & a way to shut Dh up about grass on the carpet (it's ony day 2!!)

AssembleTheMinions Sat 06-May-17 20:35:28

Ooooh, I've just ordered one as well. The shoes drive me crazy lying around everywhere.

BikeRunSki Sat 06-May-17 20:37:47

It has never crossed my mind to have shoe storage for camping. We just mostly wear crocs and leave them under the flysheet.

teaandakitkat Sat 06-May-17 20:41:49

£2.99, Wow! I could do with one for the house and the tent. Please report back if it's any good. Have you used it yet?

TempehTantrum Sat 06-May-17 20:46:29

It looks good but I can't see how that picture fits the product description: the dimensions are 32 x 32.5 x 19.5 cm. So how can you fit three rows of shoes on top of each other in that space ?

TempehTantrum Sat 06-May-17 20:47:46

Sorry, my mistake it says height 95 cm further down.

BarchesterFlowers Sat 06-May-17 20:50:35

shock bloody hell OP that is more organised than my home shoe storage.

We take flip flops, walking and cycling shoes, they are generally found in a pile by the door.

MrsHathaway Sat 06-May-17 21:08:51

We use a couple of these which have the benefit of organising easily - wellies on the top shelf, trainers bottom shelf, Crocs in front, all in the porch.

But somehow that item is in my Amazon basket. It would have a far smaller footprint. Only thing is, how does it arrive? Does it collapse at all? Car packing space is at a premium despite roof box and trailer.

profpoopsnagle Sun 07-May-17 11:43:52

It's come (less than a week) so I've added some photos to show in more detail:

It can pack down as much as this- the long pole can also be 'halved' but I doubt that would save much space for the hassle.

The circle parts are about the size of a dinner plate.

It took me about 10 minutes to get it up first time, it looks fairly easy but the instructions weren't that clear. But then, to dismantle and re-mantle it for the photo, only about 3 minutes tops each way. It has a little alum key with it which I will keep in the camping kitchen box.

Stacks shoes/crocs well and will take 18 pairs. Only downside is that you can't get wellies on it. I think it will help with the 'airing' of shoes too, especially walking shoes and trainers.

I've ordered another one for home at that price, I'm really very pleased with it. I saw a tent in France use something similar to this a few years ago and have been hunting one down for ages. But I do think the circular design is better.

MrsHathaway Sun 07-May-17 13:55:29

Ooh thank you for the detail! DH made interested noises at the original link ...

Smith1 Wed 17-May-17 22:48:31

I notice they're out of stock now grin

BecksHwith3 Mon 22-May-17 10:42:09

Fab idea - ordering one now! Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now