Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp style/everything provided in U.K?

(7 Posts)
Shantotto Sat 22-Apr-17 19:31:18

Trying to keep title short, but this post will be long! Desperately want to go camping with my DS and DP this year, thinking end of August. We have most of the stuff already, but no car!

This was fine previously, we managed to lug our stuff by taxi / train and picked a site in walking distance of Penzance station but I don't think we could do it with a toddler and buggy in tow this time! I was wondering if there were sites that have pre pitched tents and all your kit? I've found places with pods but they want you to bring everything.

We'd need to get there by train if possible - we won't have a car seat for taxiing about the other end. I guess thinking UK as cheaper - but maybe we should just go to France!

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks! wine

BarchesterFlowers Sat 22-Apr-17 22:37:11

Wardley Hill in Norfolk has a couple of pre set up tents. Lovely place.

Walkers Cottage near Hay on Wye, also lovely.

Heber Farm Buckden has a kitted out pod.

Not sure about the middle one but the other two have train stations within 20 miles. No idea how car seats/cabs work though. Could you get on a bus?

TheSconeOfStone Sun 23-Apr-17 09:50:39

Trevornick has eurotents and you could get a taxi from Newquay. It's about 5 miles away. Would you be prepared for your DS to travel without a seat for that distance?

Trevornick has a pool and is next to Holywell Bay which is a stunning NT beach with dunes, surf and a river that runs to the sea for dam building and paddling.

Shantotto Sun 23-Apr-17 10:43:11

Thank you both! Will look at these. Bus would be fine actually can fold and cling on to squirmy DS.

I do love Cornwall so will look at taxi options too. Beginning to wonder if I should just get on the eurotunnel and go somewhere more exotic though...

BarchesterFlowers Sun 23-Apr-17 19:16:15

U.K. Campsite have a search facility for glamping/ pre erected. Just thought of that!

www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=257

PopGoesTheWeaz Sun 23-Apr-17 22:44:01

Pitchup.com lists loads of sites with pods and cabins etc and had a filter for "leave the car at home". If you then go into location it lists how far the nearest train stations are.

Battytwatty Sun 23-Apr-17 22:47:35

I've been to trevornik. It's lovely. The tents are so well equipped with fridges, TVs, beds etc. Plus there is a shop that you can rent stuff from. We hired a little heater as it got quite cold at night. I would highly recommend camping there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now