Talk

Advanced search

Which tent? Downsizing to 3/4 berth.

(5 Posts)
hillbilly Tue 18-Apr-17 13:32:42

I currently have an Outwell Oakland XL which we bought in 2010. The children now want to sleep in their own 2 man tent so it's time to downsize for me, at least for weekend trips. I have to say I love Outwell tents and fully accept that they cost more. Most important is that it has to have either a side or front extension (not enclosed) of at least a metre deep.

So far I have come across Birland 3 but it looks very small. I was looking for the Cape Coral 400 but I think it is discontinued :-(

Any advise gratefully received!

pinkmagic1 Tue 18-Apr-17 13:34:55

I'd you can get hold of a Gelert Atlantis they are great and extremely easy to erect. You can get a Portch extension for the front.

Milliways Wed 19-Apr-17 07:23:34

We have an amazing Khyam which is no longer made, but the quality is great. Is this one too big?

hillbilly Wed 19-Apr-17 10:08:57

Both of those seem about the same size as what I already have. I can go down to 4 or possibly 3 berth and need very little in the way of "living" space as we are never indoors while camping. If I have a smaller tent then I will be able to fit bikes in too.

I'm very keen to still have an extension that is not just top shelter but comes down to the ground at the sides like this.

hillbilly Mon 24-Apr-17 13:43:23

Update! I have just bought the Outwell birdland 3 on eBay and am very excited for its arrival on Wednesday. We are camping this weekend with it :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now