Talk

Advanced search

You're all going to crack up but I need a normal family bohoemian campsite without evening dancers and 15 swimming pools please

(9 Posts)
mowgeli Sun 16-Apr-17 17:09:52

Hello ladies

We have just spent a few days camping in a caravan (this is a first for us) in Chichester sort of.
Anyway, it's fine. But it's not the most social and legit of campsites we have been to in the past.
Probably a different experience as it's with a caravan.
We are really into north Devon and the out doors. Think Toms field in the new forest, think eating in the cold outside, think crab toes.
So we got it a bit wrong with this camp site and want a festival sort of camp site please. Can someone recommend one please? We are fugitives now in the last 10 hours decided not to return home tomorrow and so are flexible but we have borrowed our BIL car with a toe bar and a caravan from him and I have an appt in Tonbridge wells tues with a Urlogist so don't want to stray too far from round here.
We want it to be as laid back and as friendly as possible. We are really into making friends and having campfires.

doesn't matter too much how much they cost but please no pontins type of places and say three days enough there.
Ok throw your ideas at us please 🐒
Ps.
Anyone heard of this place we have just found this joint

SoulAccount Sun 16-Apr-17 19:49:40

For a caravan?
Or tent?
It sounds as if you are in a caravan...
And near Chichester, or near Tunbridge Wells?
I am not sure that caravan sites are as bohemian and campfirey as tent sites, are they?
The 'certified' small CC sites get a good press for being less regimented than the horrendous (IMO) C&CC sites.
Look at PItchUp.com and put in your filters.

mowgeli Sun 16-Apr-17 20:56:32

Yup agreed the caravans change the over all vibe,
Thanks for the website we are having a look now and have found somewhere sweet in the downs.
We usually camp in a tent but my health is bollocks so I need to be able to stay warm in a caravan this year

SoulAccount Mon 17-Apr-17 00:15:18

Glad you found somewhere.

I have looked at the Secret Campsite before: looks lovely but is very expensive. A tent pitch for 2 adults and 3 kids would be £81 per night!!!

And they don't take caravans.

mowgeli Mon 17-Apr-17 15:36:52

Soul!!
omg that's lots. Way too much for no electric. We have found somewhere near Tonbridge wells to go and have just arrived there are lambs everywhere it looks fab

reallyneedmoresleep Wed 19-Apr-17 09:42:50

Have you been to Wo-wo?
Or Manor Court Farm near TWells?

mowgeli Wed 19-Apr-17 18:00:32

We are at Wooda in Devon now, it's lovely but doesn't beat Toms Field in the New Forest I look up the other spot now thank you 😘😘

SoulAccount Thu 20-Apr-17 09:22:50

WoWo doesn't accept caravans.
Manor Court Farm does.

mowgeli Sun 23-Apr-17 01:45:08

We went to the new forest as well near Lyndhurst at some our door adventure centre but then I was sick so we came home today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now