Talk

Advanced search

Snowdonia campsite recommendations.

(13 Posts)
Muchtoomuchtodo Tue 11-Apr-17 18:15:46

We've hoping to head to Snowdonia over the summer and are after a campsite with generous pitches, EHU's and good, clean showers and toilets.

Any ideas campers?

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 11-Apr-17 21:41:59

We've stayed at this one a couple of times. It's at the southern edge of Snowdonia overlooking the bay. Depends on what you want though, if you want entertainment then his one isn't for you smile

profpoopsnagle Tue 11-Apr-17 23:16:13

We have stayed at Cae Du

The pitches are generally very good, and although it's a big site they are spread out. We were able to choose from any free pitch as we arrived. EHU available, little shop and only 10 mins walk to Beddgelert village. There's also a covered cooking area and barn to lounge in is you need it. Friendly wardens- we hired a dvd one night and you could order bread baked to order. There was a visiting pizza van one night too- get your orders in early.

The showers and toilets are fine, though I did have to queue for the first time ever for a shower at night! The site attracts Dof E groups and I think they have the same idea. It wasn't a long wait, and I then found that the block nearer to the reception was less popular, so went there instead!

DressMeUpInStitches Wed 12-Apr-17 16:52:53

Llyn Gwynant definately! It's on the shore of Llyn Gwynant, obviously! Has a lovely little river running through which is great to play in. You can hire boats. About 10mins drive from Beddgelert, 15 from Llanberis, 30 from Betws y Coed. You can walk up Snowdon from the campsite. There is a pizza bar on the site too!
I think it's National Trust

DressMeUpInStitches Wed 12-Apr-17 16:54:17

gwynant.com/

ArseyTussle Wed 12-Apr-17 16:56:39

We stayed at Riverside Camping, which was lovely. Quiet and friendly.

SaucyJack Wed 12-Apr-17 18:46:50

We got back from here just yesterday.

It's on a working farm up in the hills behind Llanberis, so it might be a bit rustic for some tastes- but we loved it. We had a chicken come into the tent within about 20 mins.

Muchtoomuchtodo Wed 12-Apr-17 21:30:08

Thanks. Some of these look perfect - I'll be phoning around tomorrow to get something booked.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 16-Apr-17 16:06:40

Where did you book OP?

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 17-Apr-17 21:34:40

Gwynant is favourite. We're waiting for another family to decide whether or not they'll be joining us and hopefully we can book a group area.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Apr-17 21:56:09

Not stayed there but it's got good reviews on ukcampsite. Hope they decide soon smile

averythinline Tue 18-Apr-17 17:23:01

just back from here - nr betys coed
www.rynys-camping.co.uk/campsite-snowdonia.html

fab views but no fires - shower rooms etc spotless but not warm (this weekend anyway ), some really nice walks from the site itself..

there were dryers/microwave you could use as well

its not too far from zipworld and also an underground thing taht slips my mind

Also stopped here near Dolgellau - lovely and ds liked the tyre swing probably one of the most scenic swings - didn't try the shower but the hot water was v hot so guess would be good
coolcamping.com/campsites/uk/wales/snowdonia/gwynedd/1889-bryn-y-gwin-farm-camping-and-caravan-site

heron98 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:41:16

We just got back from Llyn Gwynant. It was really nice and they let you have a fire (which we needed!) The only thing I'd say against it is it's not in walking distance of any village or pub which I always think is handy especially in bad weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now