Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got the Vango Omega 3man?

(7 Posts)
NapQueen Sun 09-Apr-17 22:16:28

I need to fit me, dh, a 5yo and a 2yo in there for two nights this summer. We bought it before Id even had any kids and then never used it.

Anyone manage to fit four in it? Also, do you use airbeds or camp beds in it? It is a pita to build?

Flowersandthorns Mon 10-Apr-17 07:40:53

Hi,

We have the Vango Nova 300 and this will only fit in 3 children comfortably. It is 30cm narrower than the Omega. We went to Go Outdoors to see it up before buying. HTH.

SoulAccount Mon 10-Apr-17 07:52:09

It will be a complete squeeze!

Can 5 of you fit across a double and a single air bed jammed together? (Check the measurements and make sure such a combo will fit in.

Otherwise one adult could sleep
Cross ways in the porch area. And stow all your gear in the car for the night.

Personally, I done think this tent is a solution for a family of 4 for more than a quick one-off. It will be a nightmare if it rains.

And I like to be able to stand up in a tent when camping as a family. imagine getting into that tent in the rain, getting the kids wet gear off , puddles and mud, trying to keep it off the bedding etc.

NapQueen Mon 10-Apr-17 12:21:19

Only 4 of us. I was thinking of covering the bedroom with thick blankets and laying down four SIMS and all sleeping across them?

SoulAccount Mon 10-Apr-17 15:12:31

Yes, it will just be cramped.

Try all lying next to each other within a strict 200cm boundary on your living room floor, and see how you get on.

BarchesterFlowers Mon 10-Apr-17 17:22:31

How big is it OP? We renewed our cycle camping tent at the end of last season for a bigger one 230 x 160 cm wide. It is a bit of a squash but less of a squash than our old one which was smaller and we had to make room for all our panniers ...... fortunately we like each other. grin. But we are all full sized, 3 of us.

I think it will be fine for two nights. Not like your children are big is it? Just small and wriggly. It will be an adventure.

BarchesterFlowers Mon 10-Apr-17 17:27:32

I just looked it up - it will be perfectly fine for two adults and two small people. Our old cycling tent was smaller than that, DH is 6'3, I am 5'7 and DD is 5'2. We spent a lot more than two nights at a time in this. Plus 10 panniers and three handlebar bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now