We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Searched on eBay for camping kitchen storage - dear god do you lot eat a lot of eggs!

(8 Posts)
katymac Mon 03-Apr-17 20:00:31

Nearly every other listing was for safe egg storage!!

Now, assuming we don't need to store eggs - what should we buy for our camper van?

harderandharder2breathe Thu 06-Apr-17 20:01:33

I bought an egg storer and one for my Guide leader friend who has everything camping related on sale for about 50p but have never used it... maybe I'll take eggs to work in it next week...

katymac Thu 06-Apr-17 20:15:24

grin

Okite Thu 06-Apr-17 20:17:59

Ok I'm intrigued now, what do you need for safe egg storage other than an ordinary egg box?

katymac Thu 06-Apr-17 20:31:29

God alone knows

I was looking for expensive plastic bits that you would buy for camping & never use, ever!! & there were thousands of egg storage thingies

harderandharder2breathe Fri 07-Apr-17 17:29:03

I guess maybe you keep raw eggs in the egg box and boiled eggs in the egg storer? Or have multiple colour coded egg storer? I haven't used mine blush

katymac Fri 07-Apr-17 19:44:04

Glad I didn't buy one

I ordered a green camping kettle & got a purple one and I am hovering between "but I wanted a green one" & "too damn complicated to return so put up with it"

I got a green collapsible colander from Aldi grin

SoulAccount Sat 08-Apr-17 10:27:27

If you are doing actual tent camping or even backpacking, and packing stuff up tightly, a plastic egg box would be less crushable than an ordinary egg box.

I haven't got one, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now