Talk

Advanced search

UK campsite Bucks, Cambs, Leics, Northants?

(4 Posts)
FusionChefGeoff Mon 03-Apr-17 14:50:14

Getting ridiculously excited about our 1st proper camping trip with DC (2 and 4) having bought most of the kit in stages throughout the winter.

DH has Thurs of Easter weekend off so we're hoping to go somewhere for 3 nights but are clueless about where to go or websites that might have search / directories.

Ideally want something with a bit of 'stuff' going on so playground / bar / shop?? And maybe electric hookup - or is that silly in a tent? I think I'd like to have a few more creature comforts JIC (especially a fan heater...)

We go to Wicksteed a lot for days out and Gullivers Land is too close to DH work to feel like holiday as they are the obvious ones - anyone know of any other gems?

Help me! I really want this to be a success so we don't put them off for life!

ChairinSage Thu 06-Apr-17 21:05:43

Emberton Park near Olney might be worth a look - I've never camped there but it's a lovely big park.

I'd definitely recommend a hook-up as it can get chilly overnight.

MarzipanDildo Mon 10-Apr-17 22:14:33

Ferry Meadows, Peterborough - lots to do and a nice site. I promise you won't feel like you're in Peterborough! smile

FusionChefGeoff Sun 16-Apr-17 21:22:23

We are just back from www.cotswoldview.com which was amazing and we have the camping bug (which is good because we have all the camping stuff ££££).

Will definitely be visiting both of these as soon as we can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now