Talk

Advanced search

Spain/Italy campsite recommendations please

(14 Posts)
waynesmum Wed 29-Mar-17 22:10:05

Looking for a campsite for summer holiday with dcs (2 and 5). Needs to have chalet/mobile home to rent, swimming pool, near beach, ideally with a kids' pool or splashpark thing too. We don't drive so easy access to facilities on site or nearby is important. I've been searching online for hours and there are so many places I just go round in circles... Can't make a decision. Help! Suggestions and recommendations gratefully received. Thankssmile

Bella Italia I see great for young kids but Lakeside rather than beach, so is Norcenni Girasole Club although it's a bit bigger. For Spain I really like Sanguli or cypsela. There's a new splash pool,at Cypsela which looks great, I haven't been since it was out in though. It isn't in the beach but there is a shuttle.

waynesmum Thu 30-Mar-17 19:20:52

Great suggestions, thanks. Some of them booked up already but fingers crossed we'll squeeze in. Other suggestions still welcome!

dadap Sat 01-Apr-17 08:00:31

Italy - Camping fabulous - went there last year

mistyegg Sat 01-Apr-17 08:11:28

Playa Bara Camping in Spain

Smith1 Mon 03-Apr-17 22:19:41

We stayed at cypsela last year and loved it. It's much bigger than what we'd usually stay at, but a fabulous holiday.

Flowersandthorns Tue 04-Apr-17 07:15:36

We are doing a tour of Italy in the summer and are using an Alan Rogers book as a guide. Most of the campsites are then on TripAdvisor so you can read the reviews.

smith what was the splash park like at Cypsela? I haven't been since it was put in but tempted to book it for this year smile

Smith1 Tue 04-Apr-17 09:56:43

It was great for younger children. Mine didn't use it but it was lovely. They still had two other pools for use, but I gather the new pool area had taken away what was a play area of some type.

Ds is 5 and it looked great for him, think I'll have another look at the flights smile

stayathomegardener Tue 04-Apr-17 18:46:38

Flowersandthorns thanks for book recommendation.
I've just ordered hoping it may work for DH DD18 and I this summer if sites are not too booked up.

mrswarthog Tue 04-Apr-17 18:53:30

Look at www.lifestyleholidays.co.uk - we use them regularly and are going to Vilanova at the weekend.

Flowersandthorns Tue 04-Apr-17 19:46:34

I have been booking sites over the last couple of days and still spaces available. Getting excited now! Pitch up is also a good site to try.

Itwasthenandstillis Thu 20-Apr-17 21:43:31

Have a look at campsites around venice. We went to lido international a few years ago. Restaurants,shops,pools,beach, entertainment... but it is quite big.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now