Talk

Advanced search

Campsite recommendations in the French Alps, Austria etc?

(11 Posts)
DreadfulSpiller Thu 09-Mar-17 18:56:07

Hello all, we're a family of 4 with 2 DDs 9 and 4. We've been to Les Valades for the past couple of years but have been around that area a fair bit and fancy a change.

Looking for recs for a campsite with a pool in the Alps or other European mountain setting. Lots seem to be very low key with no pool. We loved the set up/vibe of less Valades so.def don't need all singing /dancing but a pool on site is a must!

Any ideas /recommendations would be fab.

yetanotherdeskmove Fri 17-Mar-17 13:16:00

Have a look around lake Annecy, there are loads of nice sites on the lake shore and the lake is great for swimming. There's a bike path all the way down the lake too for access to the public beaches and other villages.

DreadfulSpiller Sat 18-Mar-17 18:30:20

Thanks. Will do. Was the traffic terrible, rungs a bell from previous posts that this was a problem.

yetanotherdeskmove Sun 19-Mar-17 12:54:03

I think annecy itself can get pretty bad but tbh you'd be best off hiring bikes for the week and using the bike path.

reallyneedmoresleep Sat 25-Mar-17 07:59:20

We're going here in the summer - I think it looks lovely!

www.camping-die.com/

reallyneedmoresleep Sat 25-Mar-17 07:59:54

We're going here in the summer - I think it looks lovely!

www.camping-die.com/

Smith1 Sat 25-Mar-17 21:40:16

What about the auvergne region? It's beautiful. We stayed in murol at la ribeyre. Much bigger than les valades but I love both sites. The region is much less touristy than the Dordogne.

DreadfulSpiller Mon 27-Mar-17 17:31:49

Many thanks all.
Yes to considering the Auvergne. Looks beautiful with lots to do? La ribeyre looks a bit big for us tbh but will do.some more research locally.
reallyneedsleep camp Justin looks pretty fab for a municipal?!

reallyneedmoresleep Mon 27-Mar-17 23:42:19

I know! I have high hopes. They sound lovely on the phone and the experienced campers who recommended it said it was their best camping holiday ever.

1busybee Sat 13-May-17 16:00:05

We stayed in a really nice campsite called sport camp woferlgurt near Kaprun, swimming pool and swimming lake lots of local cycling and walking. Very very good facilities!!

Smith1 Sat 10-Jun-17 23:06:21

Did you decide?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now