Talk

Advanced search

Campsite recommendations in the French Alps, Austria etc?

(9 Posts)
DreadfulSpiller Thu 09-Mar-17 18:56:07

Hello all, we're a family of 4 with 2 DDs 9 and 4. We've been to Les Valades for the past couple of years but have been around that area a fair bit and fancy a change.

Looking for recs for a campsite with a pool in the Alps or other European mountain setting. Lots seem to be very low key with no pool. We loved the set up/vibe of less Valades so.def don't need all singing /dancing but a pool on site is a must!

Any ideas /recommendations would be fab.

yetanotherdeskmove Fri 17-Mar-17 13:16:00

Have a look around lake Annecy, there are loads of nice sites on the lake shore and the lake is great for swimming. There's a bike path all the way down the lake too for access to the public beaches and other villages.

DreadfulSpiller Sat 18-Mar-17 18:30:20

Thanks. Will do. Was the traffic terrible, rungs a bell from previous posts that this was a problem.

yetanotherdeskmove Sun 19-Mar-17 12:54:03

I think annecy itself can get pretty bad but tbh you'd be best off hiring bikes for the week and using the bike path.

reallyneedmoresleep Sat 25-Mar-17 07:59:20

We're going here in the summer - I think it looks lovely!

www.camping-die.com/

reallyneedmoresleep Sat 25-Mar-17 07:59:54

We're going here in the summer - I think it looks lovely!

www.camping-die.com/

Smith1 Sat 25-Mar-17 21:40:16

What about the auvergne region? It's beautiful. We stayed in murol at la ribeyre. Much bigger than les valades but I love both sites. The region is much less touristy than the Dordogne.

DreadfulSpiller Mon 27-Mar-17 17:31:49

Many thanks all.
Yes to considering the Auvergne. Looks beautiful with lots to do? La ribeyre looks a bit big for us tbh but will do.some more research locally.
reallyneedsleep camp Justin looks pretty fab for a municipal?!

reallyneedmoresleep Mon 27-Mar-17 23:42:19

I know! I have high hopes. They sound lovely on the phone and the experienced campers who recommended it said it was their best camping holiday ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now