Talk

Advanced search

Selling a tent: where to advertise?

(4 Posts)
lostinfrance2016 Tue 07-Mar-17 08:14:56

We need to sell our Outwell Montana 6. We live in France, and I've advertised it on the local equivalent of Gumtree but no joy. I'm thinking that it might be easier to sell it in the UK: I can't say I've ever seen another Outwell here in France (that isn't owned by holidaying Brits!) and I suspect they just don't make it onto the local radar. I can get it back to the UK fairly easily, and my parents can store it and handle the sale for us, but I wondered if anyone had any ideas of sites / forums that are good for selling camping stuff, other than Gumtree and Ebay? What's the market like for second hand camping gear in the UK? Thanks for any help

samlovesdilys Wed 08-Mar-17 19:16:13

We have sold on eBay quite easily, take lots of pictures of the tent up, I put furniture in it, bunting on the front etc to make it look pretty!! Included buy it now price and did pick up only. I would think next couple of weeks should be prime tent buying time!! Good luck!!

SoulAccount Wed 08-Mar-17 20:51:17

UKCampsite has a buying and selling section.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 20-Mar-17 18:08:08

Here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now