Talk

Advanced search

Camping with 3 month old at Easter. Madness?

(11 Posts)
Signoritawhocansway Thu 02-Mar-17 21:53:34

Could really do with advice. Hoping to book a week in N.Cornwall after Easter. We have a three year old and a three month old. How do I keep her cosy? We'll be camping in our trailer tent for the first time, so off the ground.

EatSpamAmandaLamb Thu 02-Mar-17 22:49:05

We have done it with all of our DC when they are small. It's easier than when they are initially mobile as you don't need eyes in the back of your head.
Lots and lots and lots of layers and decent hats and scratch mittens are essential.
We take the Moses basket even though we co sleep as it is just somewhere really useful to pop them.
Hot water bottles warm the place up nicely in the evening. Make sure you keep yourself warm and have lots of body contact and keep moving around.
Our little ones tended to wear a vest, babygrow, fleece sleepsuit, scratch mittens and a cotton hat and a heavier tog growbag along with a blanket on top for bed. I also tucked in an extra flannel sheet over the base sheet on the mattress of the Moses basket.
A sling is incredibly useful for keeping warm and also generally keeping the baby cosy and comfortable.

barkingfly Fri 03-Mar-17 04:35:49

Lots of layers.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 03-Mar-17 21:59:15

Have you got a heater for the tent?

Signoritawhocansway Fri 03-Mar-17 22:57:14

No heater. We don't do ehu

Nelllo Fri 03-Mar-17 22:59:49

Depends on the weather...

empirerecordsrocked Fri 03-Mar-17 23:01:01

I don't think I would, would depend on the weather though. 1' no, 17 yes.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 04-Mar-17 09:33:14

We hadn't used to do EHU either but since we've started camping in early April, I'm a convert.

yetanotherdeskmove Fri 17-Mar-17 13:18:17

We always co slept when camping when ours were little. Has the benefit of you getting to them faster if they wake in the night as well as keeping them warmer.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 30-Mar-17 20:30:05

Have you decided if you are going?

EsmesBees Thu 30-Mar-17 20:34:27

We've only camped once at Easter and it snowed! So my advice would be to check the forcast and decide nearer the time whether to go or not.

On a separate point, we camped once with EHU in October and it was lovely. I wouldn't bother normally, but when the nights are still cold there is a lot to be said for a kettle and hairdryer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now