Talk

Advanced search

Non-inflatable camp bed advice please!

(10 Posts)
IToldYouIWasFreaky Thu 02-Mar-17 16:54:38

DS and I went camping for the first time last year and slept on cheap air beds, which inevitably deflated during the night leaving us cold and uncomfortable on the floor sad

We're planning another trip this year and I want to get some "proper" camp beds, the kind that are off the floor in the hope that we'll be more comfortable and warmer.

Any recomendations? I don't want to spend a fortune as we will only use them max once a year, and they'd need to be easy to set up.

alexw Thu 02-Mar-17 21:39:37

I have 2 off the ground ones you could have depending on where u are. Used twice.kids prefer sims.

IToldYouIWasFreaky Sun 05-Mar-17 20:26:03

Thanks for the offer @alexw! I am in the SE if you are anywhere nearby?
What's a sim by the way?

samlovesdilys Sun 05-Mar-17 20:38:06

My boys have basic 'go outdoors' ones, pack into a bag not much bigger than a picnic chair. Really useful for both warmth but also keeping their pod tidy as bags etc go underneath! Have a look on eBay maybe?? (SIMS is self-inflating mattress, flatter but sturdier than air beds. Also good!!)

IToldYouIWasFreaky Sun 05-Mar-17 21:20:34

Yes, I like the idea of being able to stash things under the beds!
I will check out SIMS too, thanks!

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Tue 07-Mar-17 17:19:11

Look at fishing beds! Bulky but so comfy if you have space in the car. Tf gear flat out 3 leg bed is awesome. Go outdoors have them, but if you show that they are cheaper on TF gears website they will proce match and knock off a further 10%

IToldYouIWasFreaky Wed 08-Mar-17 16:29:28

Fishing beds look amazing! But probably too pricey and also too bulky for our little 2 man tent. Thanks though, I never even knew such things existed!

AngelsWithSilverWings Thu 09-Mar-17 19:14:01

I've got the Outwell dream catcher 10cm SIM . It's more comfortable than my bed at homed so much warmer than an air bed . It doesn't pack very small though.

AngelsWithSilverWings Thu 09-Mar-17 19:14:43

Sorry about the typos but I think you get the drift.

SnugglyBedSocks Thu 09-Mar-17 19:16:44

I prefer SIMS. Handy for sleepovers too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now