Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of taking the motor home to Spain, need ideas please

(6 Posts)
Ledkr Sun 26-Feb-17 21:52:57

Hi, we normally get the ferry to France and drive to the vendee but we fancy a change and wondered about Spain. We'd like to keep the drinking to s minimum if possible as my girls are not great travellers and to be fair the motor home isn't the most comfortable to travel in (very upright seats in the back) so we're thinking of the long crossing to Bilbao of Santander and camping as near as we can.
Anyone got any recommendations for nice campsites. My girls are 6 and 15 and enjoy a nice pool with slides and the chance to meet other kids and they do like a bit of a disco some nights.
Is there anywhere that ticks these boxes p, the sites all look fairly quiet to be honest which is nice for us but maybe not for them.
Thanks in advance.

Ledkr Mon 27-Feb-17 14:42:07

Bump

RTKangaMummy Mon 27-Feb-17 14:50:20

If you are on FB there are lots of groups giving advice about travelling in MH

MOTORHOMES & CAMPER VANS UK "the blue handers" are the best IMHO

smilesmilesmile

Ledkr Mon 27-Feb-17 15:39:20

Oh that's great thank you

elQuintoConyo Mon 27-Feb-17 15:48:34

This place is lovely:

www.campingllac.com/en/camping-girona.aspx

(Clicky link i hope!).

It is on a lovely big lake near Girona. About 4 hours drive from Bilbao (poss more in motorhome).

When my bf is back from holiday i'll ask her, her and her dp are camping nutters (we are in Spain).

Milliways Mon 27-Feb-17 17:20:32

this site is on my list if we ever do that crossing. Not been myself but gets good reviews on ACSI and only 50km from the site, so could be a stopover if you want to explore further?

or this one near Santander?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now