Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Camping in the Lake District July

(10 Posts)
applespearsbears Sat 25-Feb-17 20:27:02

I've finally managed to get my DH to agree to go camping in the Lakes in July , something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'm looking at a National Trust site but they also have camping pods. It will just be me, DH and 5 year old.

I know it's daft but I'm worrying about how wet it might be and if the extra £ for a pod is worth it? I'm keen to be close to somewhere we can swim - lake, river or sea.

Anyone been camping round the lakes and can give me an idea of what to expect?

Iamdazedandconfused Sat 25-Feb-17 20:35:26

I live in Cumbria so spend a lot of time in the Lake District in summer.

It can be either gloriously sunny or pouring with rain, you just won't be able to predict it until nearer the time when you can look at forecasts unfortunately.

With a 5 year old in tow I'd be tempted to go for the pod just for the peace of mind!

BarchesterFlowers Sun 26-Feb-17 08:33:48

It rains a lot grin, but when it doesn't it is worth it. Are you going to Low Wray?

We always book a waterfront pitch and I would rather be on the waterfront in a tent than in a pod just because of location/view.

applespearsbears Sun 26-Feb-17 15:23:51

Thanks. It's that's really helpfulsmile yes Low Wray was one I was looking at!

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Sun 26-Feb-17 15:38:22

It does rain a lot but we have found that if it is raining near one of the lakes often it is perfectly sunny near another. It's like they all have their own little weather systems.

lk26 Sun 26-Feb-17 15:43:40

Have a look at quiet site. Near ullswater. They have various types of accommodation including Hobbit hole style pods.

lk26 Sun 26-Feb-17 15:44:38

Also waterside farm which has direct access to lake ullswater.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Sun 26-Feb-17 15:48:13

Waterside farm is my favourite.

lk26 Sun 26-Feb-17 15:51:59

They have tipis there to. Handy for the fells and pooley bridge and the steamer.
Good for kids too.

applespearsbears Sun 26-Feb-17 15:57:39

Fantastic thank you will do smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now