Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

UK touring caravan site recommendations

(7 Posts)
Snugglepalace Mon 20-Feb-17 09:01:32

We have been holidaying in our caravan for the last couple of years and love it.
We want to tour all over the country and try lots of different sites, so would really welcome any recommendations, anywhere in the UK.
Must haves include play area and be dog friendly.

kath6144 Mon 20-Feb-17 19:29:57

Have you joined one of the clubs - either caravan club or caravanning and camping club?

Both have normal sites, we are in CC and they are all lovely, well maintained etc, would expect C&CC sites to be same.

However both clubs also do certificated locations (or CLs - caravan club; I think certificated sites for C&CC) which are small 5 cvan sites at a variety of locations, farms, pubs, fishing lakes etc. They dont all have facilities, but increasingly more do, and some are in stupendous locations. Certainly worth looking at the two clubs for these alone.

phoenix1973 Mon 20-Feb-17 19:43:18

www.linnhe-lochside-holidays.co.uk/
Lady's mile in Devon
Shorefield holidays. We stayed at their lynton lawn site in Dorset
We also liked the haven sites, but it was a while ago now. Rockley park was great but I don't think they allow tourers any more.

BorisJohnsonsHair Mon 20-Feb-17 19:49:36

Ivy Farm in Overstrand, Norfolk. Play area, close to beach. Outdoor swimming pool but no clubhouse or anything. Weekly races and sports for children in the summer. Family-run really friendly site

Snugglepalace Mon 20-Feb-17 20:22:26

Thanks all, will look at all of those.
We are members of both the cc and c&cc but we only managed to book one cc site last year as all of the others I'd looked at seemed to be permanently booked up, finding the same on quite a few of their sites this year also?!

Feckitall Mon 20-Feb-17 20:34:07

www.highermoorfarm.co.uk/ Weymouth...

I also agree with linnhe lochside, stayed there last Aug...lovely, quiet...

MegBusset Mon 20-Feb-17 20:35:39

Ivy Farm is indeed lovely but no touring pitches these days - they have seasonal pitches only. I would recommend Kelling Heath or Manor Farm nearby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now