Talk

Advanced search

Caravan pitches and which side does the caravan go on?

(4 Posts)
greenmidgetgems Thu 16-Feb-17 11:34:56

I'm sure this a daft questions but DH and I just can't decide the answer. On a caravan pitch where there is concrete part and a grass part, which side do you put the caravan on and which part do you put the awning on?

I thought it was caravan on concrete and grass for awning but after a particularly wet and muddy weekend away last year we weren't so sure. Also we noticed lot of the other caravans were the other way round.

Thanks!

PossumInAPearTree Sat 11-Mar-17 13:16:31

I only ever stop at CC club pitches where if you're on a hard standing pitch everything is on the concrete/gravel....caravan and awning. But if it's one or the other I would put the caravan on concrete and awning on grass.

This is why I like the CC, you are told how to pitch, in what order and your rear right corner of the van to the post. No confusion! grin

Butteredparsnip1ps Thu 30-Mar-17 20:31:00

I agree with you OP. But I guess some sites are stricter than others. You'd need a defibrillator on standby if you were to try any other way on a caravan club site.

poorbuthappy Thu 30-Mar-17 20:59:17

Awning on grass, easier to get the pegs in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now