Talk

Advanced search

Shell Island?

(8 Posts)
OrangeIsTheNewPop Wed 15-Feb-17 19:20:24

We are going for four days in a trailer tent. Any recommendations on things to take with us?

winewolfhowls Thu 16-Feb-17 17:13:53

Watching, as we are going in June when are you going?

Do you have dc? We are in a tent and taking a windbreak!

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Thu 16-Feb-17 17:20:52

I haven't been for a few years, but we always took;

A windbreak or two for privacy,
Something to carry water in because you wont necessarily be close to the tap,
Loo roll incase you aren't close enough to the main loo block portaloos while clean enough sometimes run out
Something to hold a fire (we had a fire bin)

Its beautiful there. Have a great time both smile

VaginaSuprise Thu 16-Feb-17 17:23:17

A camera for the sunsets. Just take what you usually take with you plus extra beach towels.

Thirtyrock39 Thu 16-Feb-17 17:27:58

Watching this too as we have been considering this site - is it too big is my main concern and is there a decent pub close by?

OrangeIsTheNewPop Thu 16-Feb-17 20:46:22

We are going in the second May bank holiday.

I've looked up fire-pits on amazon, but I don't think well fit one in the car! sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 24-Feb-17 19:42:59

@Thirtyrock39, you do know whereabouts it is don't you? There isn't really anything nearby smile

EatSpamAmandaLamb Wed 01-Mar-17 23:16:58

Windbreakers for sure, i have seen dozens of trashed tents there over the years. They have a very good and reasonable camping shop and an ok mini supermarket too.
The pub on site is ok as long as it isn't a busy weekend when it gets rowdy.
When you arrive turn left toward the harbour, it tends to be less loud that end.
That said I would never go there on a Bank Holiday weekend, sorry but it is just too loud, violent and full of idiots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now