Talk

Advanced search

Best small tent for teens

(12 Posts)
mrsm43s Fri 10-Feb-17 15:15:05

I have teens that like the freedom of their own tent when camping. I've been buying pop ups/single skin type tents, but in general they only last a trip or two, and get so damp with condensation that I think I'd like to try something a bit better.

I need something that will sleep two comfortably, but is still small and quick enough to pitch as we're also pitching the big family tent, of course. It also needs to pack up small. It would be handy, but not essential if it had a bit of porch space, just enough for muddy boots etc, but no other storage space required.

Don't want to spend a fortune, but happy to spend a bit more than the pop ups etc if it will last longer!

Any recommendations?

HenryCatPic Sat 11-Feb-17 10:15:16

I would suggest the better quality Quechua pop-ups at Decathlon

winewolfhowls Sat 11-Feb-17 20:09:48

I second that, ours is fantastic

winewolfhowls Sat 11-Feb-17 20:10:37

Or a vango ark, they are recommended for scouts and d of e.

4yoniD Sat 11-Feb-17 20:15:17

Quechua pop up, possibly a base seconds? There is a nack to popping them down. I put the video on my phone so I can watch it last minute before attempting. (I have Quechua Family Seconds 4.2XL but that is a full family tent).

mrsm43s Sat 11-Feb-17 20:29:09

Based on recommendations on this post, I'm thinking of this

What do you reckon for 2 teens?

My main reservation is spending £50+ on a pop up when all previous pop ups we've used (in fairness the £30 festival style ones) have been really rubbish and not lasted more than a couple of nights.

4yoniD Sat 11-Feb-17 21:08:02

No idea on that model, but my Quechua pop up has done 3 years now, I think, roughly a fortnight a year, and is still good. You do need a degree in physics, or maybe art, to get it folded, mind.

winewolfhowls Sat 11-Feb-17 21:19:23

Ours is the blue and grey three man at 79.99. It's a bit sturdier than the one you linked to.
It has survived camping and been roomy with a toddler, survived downpours, and had ventilation flaps on the sides. I really like it, and I'm usually an Outwell gal.
It does need practice to fold back down though.

HenryCatPic Sat 11-Feb-17 22:38:05

Our Quechua has lasted well too. Have a long weekend k at the reviews on ukcampsite

HenryCatPic Sat 11-Feb-17 22:39:19

Ha! My "look" got changed to "long weekend" ! Must be telling me something

Blu Tue 14-Feb-17 08:43:41

The Decathlon pop ups are great. Good quality. Mine is on its 5th year, I think.

Anything but a crappy single skin festival tent. Festival tents often have a terrible Hh too.

Decathlon will demonstrate in-store how to fold the tent. (Avoid a packed Saturday, and video it). It isn't complicated for the model you have linked, and is quick.

Flyingprettycretonnecurtains Fri 17-Feb-17 08:54:11

The decathalon pop ups are brill. We have two two person ones so son 1 and son 2 can have one each. Huge amount of space for one so can keep all their crap in it. They have both survived very heavy downpours lasting days. One even had a pond underneath it when we came to fold it up but completely watertight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now