Talk

Advanced search

Looking for campsite with lots of activities less than 5 hours from Calais?

(6 Posts)
CampingManDad Wed 08-Feb-17 13:18:16

Hi, I'm looking for a campsite that's drive-able distance from calais , probably a max of 5 hours (dictated by children!).
Preferably in France but would consider Holland,Belgium or Luxembourg.
We're going at half-term so must have an indoors swimming pool preferably with water-slides.
Ideally it would have outdoor pools as well in case we get hot weather in May!
We'd also like lots of other activities such as cycle paths, horse-riding, tree-top adventure (like go-ape) , rock-climbing, canoeing/Kayaking, playground, etc.
If it was near some nice towns/villages/sights that would also be great.
Obviously we won't get all of those but would appreciate any suggestions.

profpoopsnagle Wed 08-Feb-17 19:48:09

I've not been but Ty Nadan has a lot of those activities. Bit longer than 5 hours from Calais though, less if you are happy to go via Dieppe/Caen.

Itwasthenandstillis Wed 08-Feb-17 20:01:46

Normandy is lovely. Lots to see historically. campgrounds with pool and beach. Otherwise Lake Annecy is nice, but maybe a bit further (probably 8 hours). There are lots of small lakes in the middle of france for watersports and swimming.

Itwasthenandstillis Wed 08-Feb-17 20:03:03

Loire Valley is also about 5 hours from Calais.

We're going to la croix du vieux pont for 5 days at easter. About 2.5 hours from calais and seems to tick alot of your boxes. We're going with venue holidays. Take a look at the website

No1HolidayPlanner Sat 11-Feb-17 09:42:23

I would highly recommend Duinrell in Holland, it would tick most of your boxes. 3.5 hrs from Calais. Large indoor water park with slides, theme park on site, bike hire (cycling in Holland is fab), can cycle to beach. The site is across the road from a lovely town. Can visit The Hague, Amsterdam. The site is large but well kept and so much to dosmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now