Talk

Advanced search

Campsites around Padstow area

(6 Posts)
Elfontheedge Mon 30-Jan-17 10:24:15

Any recommendations for a campsite near Padstow(ish) for. We are taking a folding camper so need electric but not on a hard standing. Pool is a nice-to-have but not essential. My parents have stayed at Mother Ivey's bay but it is booked up for the week we want. I would like something not too big, or maybe something that feels cosy. I don't like huge holiday parks with loads of tents and caravans crammed in together. Our group is 4 adults, 3 children and a baby.

Elfontheedge Mon 30-Jan-17 19:52:57

Anyone?

CatsRule Tue 31-Jan-17 14:13:37

We've stayed at Padstow Touring Park quite a few times. It's a lovely site and the owners are really nice.

The facilities are always being upgraded, every year we've been something new has been done. They've recently created a small indoor lounge area where you can get a coffee/watch TV and it has a small toy bit. The toilet facilities are new and upgraded too as is the play park.

There's a variety of grass and hard standing electric pitches - we camp (tent) with electric. One of the things I like about it is the pitches are large and not crammed so nobody is tripping over their neighbour or looking directly into each other. They are well spaced and positioned.

There is a Tesco nearby, park and ride into Padstow and pathways to walk to Padstow. It's also a really good base for travelling about and visiting other areas of Cornwall.

We'll be going back again in the future.

HarryBlackberry Tue 31-Jan-17 14:17:11

Stayed at Dennis Cove a few years back. Lovely, and only a short walk into Padstow.

TheHiphopopotamus Tue 31-Jan-17 14:23:50

We've stayed at the Higher Harlyn campsite a few times. It's about 15 minutes from Padstow.

The toilets/washroom are lovely and it has and outdoor (allegedly) heated pool but we've always found it freezing.

It's about a 15 minute walk from the nearest beach and a ten minute walk to the village.

Ta1kinPeace Tue 31-Jan-17 14:26:58

Another vote for Dennis Cove.
Nice small clean site, easy vehicle access, nice walk into town for meals and the walk to the beach with buckets and spades is doable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now