Talk

Advanced search

Campsites on the Isle of Wight

(5 Posts)
Lamby80 Sun 29-Jan-17 08:39:56

Hello. We are going to camp in the summer on the Isle of Wight but have not had much luck finding a campsites and am hoping you can help. We don't mind where on the island. We like a camspite with no club etc, just quite chilled. We tend to book a campsite that has tents around a field rather than in rows so the kids can play in the middle in view of the us. Any ideas?
TIA.

profpoopsnagle Sun 29-Jan-17 10:58:57

We have stayed at Heathfield farm. There is space to play out front although ball games are asked to be in a special field to the side. Our children were quite small when we went, but all the kids on the camp stayed out playing in the field till quite late- they trooped back when they couldn't see the ball! Small and peaceful, we got a 'view' pitch which was nice, only slight downsides were the showers were quite small and although it's not far to drive anywhere on the IOW it's over to the needles side.

Addlestone is lovely. I'm back there again for 2 weeks this summer myself.

Adgestone! I meant. It's a camping and Caravanning club site

sanitygirl Mon 30-Jan-17 10:38:16

I stayed at Stoats Farm campsite a couple of years ago - sounds like it would fit your requirements perfectly.
stoats-farm.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now