Talk

Advanced search

Advice please for France with 13 year old

(5 Posts)
Hercules12 Wed 25-Jan-17 21:24:28

Hi
I've been camping in France when dd was younger and of an age where she made friends to play with but not for a few years. She's now 13 and I'd like to go this August with her. It will be just me and her so I need the driving to be doable - going from calais.
I'd quite like to tour around a bit now she's older as we've always stayed in one site whenever we've camped and now she's older I'm hoping it's more doable and interesting.

Any suggestions or advice? I dont want to cook so places to eat or buy take out essential and I like the idea of not booking in advance but obviously don't want to find us left with nowhere for the night and stranded.

ivykaty44 Wed 25-Jan-17 21:30:42

I've never booked in advanced,
Travelled on my own with dds 1 & 2, but also just dd2 ( last time was when she was 14)

I have a great campsite just about 125 Miles from Calais I stop at on the way and the way back. There is a great cycle track next to the campsite which goes to Diepe.

I don't always go to the Coast but stay inland and use municipal sites. They usually have great municipal pools Next door which are free if camping

Hercules12 Wed 25-Jan-17 21:33:31

Thanks. That's helpful. I was thinking of using municipal sites. Not fussed about going to seaside. Can you remember the name of the campsites you've mentioned?

ivykaty44 Wed 25-Jan-17 22:05:15

www.camping-sainte-claire.com

We get Monday ferry as much cheaper. But if you get weekend ferry it's possible this place will be full? Restaurant on site

www.forestviewfrance.co.uk/mobile/m.index.html

This is in my top 3 campsites, not municipal but wonderful. You can walk down to the nearest village and swim in the river, not a lot to do but cycle. Sarah's cooking is fantastic, and you all sit together to eat. Alternative nights there is home made pizza

I really liked Vendor, really pretty but municipal site was next to main Rd and noisy.

Bonneville again is very pretty great for cycling. Campsite was good but has become run down and they are shutting the municipal pool as they have built another new leisure complex. Chartres has the most wonderful cathedral

Hercules12 Thu 26-Jan-17 06:54:34

Oh wow! Thanks ivykaty44. Lots to research. Getting excited already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now