Talk

Advanced search

Best bed for 6 month old

(6 Posts)
canihaveacoffeeplease Mon 16-Jan-17 20:48:32

Apologies if this has been covered loads of times before...we're planning a touring camping holiday with dd (2) and dd/s (38 weeks just now!) for a month in France in the summer, very experienced campers, lovey big tent with 2 bedrooms etc, BUT...no idea what to put the baby in to sleep in, who will be around 5/6 months old, not too heavy/bulky.

Any fab ideas? TIA

Blu Mon 16-Jan-17 22:05:43

This sort of folding carry cot ? www.kiddicare.com/p/Diono_Dreamliner_Travel_Bassinet_in_Grey.htm
Or this? www.kiddicare.com/p/Koo-di_Pop_Up_Travel_Bubble_Aubergine_and_White.htm?product_id=545779&utm_source=pla&affiliate=KC-google-shopping&gclid=CNy3_bnTx9ECFY6RGwodmZgFRg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Several more options on that page.

A moses basket would be too small by 5/6 months, I think.

samlovesdilys Mon 16-Jan-17 22:05:55

I recommend a travel cot - I know it seems impractical /too big but it can double as a playpen during the day. Next step is a 'ready bed' I think, airbed with inflated sides...with a growbag on top. A think one!!

tankerdale Thu 19-Jan-17 21:43:56

If size and weight is an issue, you need something like the nomad travel cot. I got one from eBay last year for our dd and it's amazingly light and compact. The baby sleeps on a self inflating mat which is part of the cot. There's side or top opening so if you're at floor level you can easily get baby out during the night or have it open right next to you.

drcb Sat 04-Feb-17 16:50:40

Little life arc 2, easy to transfer into and can throw a bit of Blackout fabric over if you want to make darker

winewolfhowls Sat 11-Feb-17 20:14:10

We always just create one giant bed of sims and foam mats with blankets on top. Have a large duvet on top. Baby in grow bag with jumper on top. If cold, comes under duvet. If hot....we've never camped when it's been hot enough to do away with the grobags!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now